ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syedfida

Post by syedfida » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:12 pm

HI GUYS

i am married with an EEA national from 3 years we are both doing job and

my question is my real younger brother came to united kingdom few weeks

ago, can I apply residence card for him as EEA extended family member? He

has 6 months family visitor visa. and what kind of documentations I need for

applying ?

Many thanks

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Hello

Like your brother has a visitor visa he has to go back to his home country before it expires unless other reasons he can stay marrige/student etc.

acc to UKB
If you came here as a visitor, you cannot extend your permission to stay as a visitor beyond 6 months in most cases - however, in some circumstances you may be able to switch into a different immigration category. student/job etc

If you have a right to live the in the UK, your family may join you here. Your family is defined as:

your spouse (husband or wife) or civil partner;
any children or grandchildren of you, your spouse or your civil partner who are under 21 years of age or who are dependent on you; and
the parents or grandparents of you, your spouse or your civil partner.

If you are a student, only your spouse or civil partner and dependent children have a right of residence.

Other relatives (including extended family members such as brothers, sisters and cousins) do not have an automatic right to live in the UK. To be considered, they must be able to show that they are dependent on you.

Ta

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Others might have a better in-depth knowledge of the regulations but in short you will have to demonstrate your brother was/is dependant on you for his essential living costs or was part of your household before you came to the UK.

He should really have applied for and obtained a family permit before travelling. As a visitor he is effectively a self-reliant person, whose intention was to return home within 6 months. He wants to change his status to that of a dependant family member.

Family visitor visa? What questions were asked and what answers were given? You need to satisfy yourself that nothing previously written will undermine or contradict your application for a residency card.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:00 pm

further to keffers here is what i found

People who wish to apply for a UK Dependency visa must be related to a person who is present and settled in one of the following ways.

Mother or Grandmother who is a widow aged 65 years or over.
Father or Grandfather who is a widower aged 65 years or over.
Parents or Grandparents travelling together of whom at least one is aged 65 or over.
Parent or Grandparent aged 65 or over who has remarried but cannot look to the spouse or children of the second marriage for financial support and the person settled in the United Kingdom is able and willing to support him and any dependants.
Parent or Grandparent under the age of 65 living alone in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in Britain.
Son, Daughter, Sister, Brother, Aunt or Uncle over the age of 18 if living alone in the most exceptional circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in Britain.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... sandother/

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Punjab,

Why do you post information which is not relevant? The OP asks about EEA route and your "copy and paste" relates to UK immigration rules (hint: having the words immigrationrules in the URL might help detecting similar pages in future).

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA2 EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 pm

syedfida wrote:HI GUYS

i am married with an EEA national from 3 years we are both doing job and

my question is my real younger brother came to united kingdom few weeks

ago, can I apply residence card for him as EEA extended family member? He

has 6 months family visitor visa. and what kind of documentations I need for

applying ?

Many thanks
Perhaps your best bet is to get your brother to apply for an EEA family permit as an Extended family member of your Spouse.

Even if your brother could succeed in overcoming the hurdles, showing dependancy in his country and in the UK, he could still fail under regulation 17(4b), as the issue of Residence Card to Extended family members is discretionary.

The fact he came in with a visitors visa, and then applied for Residence Card when the intention was to stay, could affect his chances, of the discretion being exercised in his favour.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

the_pit
Newly Registered

Post by the_pit » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 pm

On my experience it should not be a problem as long as you can prove he was dependend on you BEFORE arriving to UK, and he IS dependent on you since then. Both are really important things.

Good Luck

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 pm

the_pit wrote:On my experience it should not be a problem as long as you can prove he was dependend on you BEFORE arriving to UK, and he IS dependent on you since then. Both are really important things.

Good Luck
After qualifying as an extended family members, there is a discretion on issue of residence Card. When exercising this discretion, factors such as how a person entered the UK and immigration history may be considered, but not conclusive.

If you read the legislation and caseworkers guidance, you will realise there is a 4 stage process on issuing a Residence Card to extended family member.

Unlike core family members under regulations 7, the issue of residence card to extended family member is a matter of discretion.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gsmagnel
Newly Registered

Post by gsmagnel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:33 am

URGENT PLEASE HELP ME!
hello everyone
I am Agnel
I have made an EEA2 application through extended relationship that's my uncle (my dad's brother)
He is French by birth

Application timeline

Application sent : 23rd December 2013
Payment Detected : 3rd January 2014
COA processed : 16th January 2014 (with unable to confirm the right to work)
RC refused : 6th March 2014

Reason for refusal : Based on the evidence submitted you have not demonstrated any current evidence of financial dependency upon your EEA sponsor in UK or that you are residing in the same household as your EEA family member.

Documents which I have submitted to HO
1. Birth certificates of me and my uncle
2. French family book (to prove the relationship)
3. My passport and my uncle's ID card
4. Photography proofs - 10 (from the age of 5 to till date)
5. Financial Dependency proofs bills and bank statement - 27 (before coming to UK)
6. Financial Dependency regular bank transfers in the form of bank statements (after coming to UK) - for past 4 months
7. Financially Dependency - Letter of Declaration from my school's & college's and also includes higher authorities
8. Self Declaration letter from my uncle and my parents
9. My uncle's payslip - 3 (last three months)
10. My uncle's Employer Letter
11. My university letter
12. Address Proof Documents of my uncle
* Joint Tenancy Agreement (my name and his name) - All bills included (Gas/ Water/ Electricity/ Wifi)
* Bank Letters & Statements
* EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) letter
* NI number letter
* BT Landline bills (3 months)
* 3 mobile bills
* Tesco Club membership letter
* Boots membership letter
* Nectar membership letter
* British Red Cross Letter
* Lyca mobile letter
* NHS letter
* Voter letter
* Driving license
13. Address proof Documents for me
* Joint Tenancy Agreement (my name and his name) - All bills included (Gas/ Water/ Electricity/ Wifi)
* Vodafone bills
* University Letter
* Voter Letter

Can anyone please suggest me whether I can go appeal since I have submitted all the required documents to HO and yet they have mentioned that I haven't provided financial dependency in UK or I must be living with my uncle in same household. And I qualify in both the circumstances.

thank you
Looking forward for your response!
God bless

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 am

gsmagnel wrote:URGENT PLEASE HELP ME!
hello everyone
I am Agnel
I have made an EEA2 application through extended relationship that's my uncle (my dad's brother)
He is French by birth

Application timeline

Reason for refusal : Based on the evidence submitted you have not demonstrated any current evidence of financial dependency upon your EEA sponsor in UK or that you are residing in the same household as your EEA family member.

5. Financial Dependency proofs bills and bank statement - 27 (before coming to UK)
6. Financial Dependency regular bank transfers in the form of bank statements (after coming to UK) - for past 4 months
7. Financially Dependency - Letter of Declaration from my school's & college's and also includes higher authorities
11. My university letter
* NI number letter
* 3 mobile bills
* Lyca mobile letter
* NHS letter
* Voter letter
* Driving license
* Vodafone bills
* University Letter
* Voter Letter

Can anyone please suggest me whether I can go appeal since I have submitted all the required documents to HO and yet they have mentioned that I haven't provided financial dependency in UK or I must be living with my uncle in same household. And I qualify in both the circumstances.

thank you
God bless
You seem to suffer from one problem. You don't concentrate on the important bits.
* why did you post the same question all over the place?
* why did you send irrelevant information such as tesco club member card data?

Either you evidence got unnoticed due to the big pile of irrelevant data or that your dependency evidence wasn't enough

Could you please explain how did you prove dependency?
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

gsmagnel
Newly Registered

Post by gsmagnel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 am

Hi Jambo,
Thanks for your reply
I am little new to the forum so I donno what to do?!
I haven't sent tesco club card data.., I just sent the letter from tesco
For to prove dependency I had submitted docs like....(before coming to UK)
* school £ college fee letter from school
* flight tickets with bills which he sponsored me for educational trips
* my other daily needs as a student bills
* my accommodation bills before coming to UK and before my uncle joined me in UK
* a laptop which he presented to me that bill
* my national level exam bills

After coming to UK
* regular bank transfers made by him to me (bank statement)
* my university fee bills from his bank

Thank you!

daniyaljee
Newly Registered

Post by daniyaljee » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:26 am

gsmagnel wrote:URGENT PLEASE HELP ME!
hello everyone
I am Agnel
He is French by birth

Application timeline

11. My university letter
* NI number letter
* 3 mobile bills
* Lyca mobile letter
* NHS letter
* Voter letter
* Driving license
* Vodafone bills
* University Letter
* Voter Letter

thank you
God bless

why did u send the tesco membership letters and things like that..? how did u prove that u r the member of his household since u came in UK and u r financial depended on him..!
to be honest it make me scared bcuz i also applied for extended family member on 4th of april and i receive the COA with no right to work yesterday...! and now i dun know wht they will do will they grant me a RC or put any objection...! did u make appeal..?

daniyaljee
Newly Registered

Post by daniyaljee » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi everyone..!
i applied for EEA EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER...!
i want to ask that is their a problem if my uncle is taking a tax credit, does this thing affect my case RC..?
and i applied on 4th of April and i got a COA on 12 april with no right of work...! is it a gud thing that i receive the COA so soon...! i always saw the post on this website mostly and i never saw anyone who receive the COA in a week...! is this a gud thing that i got COA soon or a bad thing...!? and can i do work on behalf of my previous visa which was student..?

please reply i'll b very thankful

kikis1
Newly Registered

Post by kikis1 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi everyone,
I am an E.U national, moved to U.K in December 2012 and exercising my E.U treaty right here as a worker since August 2013 to date..... I have a Non EEA brother living here in U.K since 2007 without a status. I have been successful to get my Non EEA wife with my 2kids here with EEA family permit in February 2014... I want to know the procedure and documents required for my brother ( Extended Family ) to enable him a successful EEA2 Residence card application. Since my wife / 2 children has EEA family permit status in their passports and they will be filing EEA2 application, I would like to know if my brother's EEA2 application should be filed alongside or since he has no endorsement / status in his passport, should he make his application separate and what proofs would he need to provide.

thank a mil

Kikis

kool145
Newly Registered

Post by kool145 » Thu May 29, 2014 2:20 pm

hi.. i have retain right of residence (ROR) got after 4yers divorce of my eea ex..
i have my mom+dad and one little brother live in back home.
they all financial depend on me i have good job have big 3bed house my mom+dad have visit multiple visa they coming next month can i apply for them RC as they i full evidence they depand on me also my mom is disable persons dad age 62.. can i apply for EEA2 for them?
also i my little age 20 if he came with student visa who is also full depended on me can he convert his student visa to eea RC?
as we all will be same house also i paying for everyone....
i.e my PR will be due on October 24 how early i can send my EEA4 application? like other application can i send before 28 days?
thnak your forum for your help...