ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Valencia
Newly Registered

Success at Croydon

Post by Valencia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Thanks every one ESP. Moderators for keeping this forum running- the collective experience and guidance has been a great help to me and others too.
My turn to contribute to this now.My case was post JR HSMP and Tier one General.Due to the time lines I think many more in my situation will be applying from this month onwards.(Abhijack, am reminded of you)
Nothing more to add to the check in process- has been already described.
Payment-MasterCard -had informed bank and went through without any problems-
Due to the holiday season I think there was just skeleton staff so asked to go to the second floor after initially asked to wait on first floor-waited 1.5 hrs after app. time to be called.
Handed my form-caseworker assumed I was WP and asked for 3 months Payslips and Bank statements- gently reminded that I was PBS and needed 12months-(although I had only 9 months-was meeting the points criteria-see my previous posts)
LIUK-provided
Then asked for employers letter- again Not required for PBS but had it- thanks to the FAQ sticky on this forum-would strongly recommend getting this-if only to avoid any hassles-
Cohab documents- had individually addressed letters for last year and joint ones for this year only- I asked CW to choose what they would need-CW suggested council letter, a letter from last year and a bank statement
Asked if I had any copies for anything -had these only for the payslips, passports, and bank statements-CW took the rest to take copies- returned and asked to pick passorts in1.5 hrs-
Total time taken no more than15 minutes!
Absences were within limits

All in all a pleasant experience at Croydon
Parking on Dingwall Road is cheaper-5£ for 24 hrs- its a short 5 min walk to the PEO.

Now, my passport expires in a few months- does any one know if its mandatory to get the permit transferred or is it just ok to carry both passports?

Off to the Naturlisation section to read up on MN1 ! - (didn't include my daughter as a dependant)
Good luck

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Congrats,
>Now, my passport expires in a few months- does any one know if its mandatory to get the permit transferred or is it just ok to carry both passports?

I renewed my passport here in London, no need to transfer the stamp, you need to carry both passports.

Regards,

Valencia
Newly Registered

Post by Valencia » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:39 pm

rasinrdj wrote:Congrats,
>Now, my passport expires in a few months- does any one know if its mandatory to get the permit transferred or is it just ok to carry both passports?

I renewed my passport here in London, no need to transfer the stamp, you need to carry both passports.

Regards,
Thanks rasindrj, that's a relief both to the mind and the pocket!

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:09 pm

congrats valencia.....my appointment is just 10 days away....

did they insist that last pay slip shud be from the last calendar month? remember we had a discussion on the wordings in the guidance doc.

the reason i am asking this is i cant submit my december payslip as i get my bank statement generated on 20th of each month and hence dec pay will only appear in the jan statement.

so i am planning to use nov 2010 - nov 2011 earning period...hope that shud be fine..

Valencia
Newly Registered

Post by Valencia » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:08 pm

abhijack wrote:congrats valencia.....my appointment is just 10 days away....

did they insist that last pay slip shud be from the last calendar month? remember we had a discussion on the wordings in the guidance doc.

the reason i am asking this is i cant submit my december payslip as i get my bank statement generated on 20th of each month and hence dec pay will only appear in the jan statement.

so i am planning to use nov 2010 - nov 2011 earning period...hope that shud be fine..
No they didn't although I had got a temp statement from the bank.This is not required and I realised after I read through the evidence section of the set o form (towards the end)this requirement is mentioned for WP but not PBS

Good luck with your application