ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!! Moving to UK with my children..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jessica1981
Newly Registered

HELP!!! Moving to UK with my children..

Post by jessica1981 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I am so confused. I have been divorced for almost 3 years.. I have 2 children from that marriage. Currently we have joint custody but he has left the province and not seen the children in 4 months. I have been with my bf for 2 years and he is a uk citizen. We are planning on getting married next summer and moving to the uk. My ex has given his permission for us to move with the kids.
From what I read I have to prove that I have sole responsibility of the kids. I am in the process of changing our custody and access order. I am going to have sole custody of the kids and he has no set access.. I am just not sure if I should put a stipulation in the order stating that I have permission to move abroad. Everything I have read says that if I have to have his permission then I don't qualify as having sole responsibility. But I can't see me being allowed to move without a court order..
Can anyone give me some advice?????
I want to make sure I do this right, especially seeing as how incredibly expensive it is..
Thank you in advance...

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ruskcake

Re: HELP!!! Moving to UK with my children..

Post by ruskcake » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:31 am

jessica1981 wrote:I am so confused. I have been divorced for almost 3 years.. I have 2 children from that marriage. Currently we have joint custody but he has left the province and not seen the children in 4 months. I have been with my bf for 2 years and he is a uk citizen. We are planning on getting married next summer and moving to the uk. My ex has given his permission for us to move with the kids.
From what I read I have to prove that I have sole responsibility of the kids. I am in the process of changing our custody and access order. I am going to have sole custody of the kids and he has no set access.. I am just not sure if I should put a stipulation in the order stating that I have permission to move abroad. Everything I have read says that if I have to have his permission then I don't qualify as having sole responsibility. But I can't see me being allowed to move without a court order..
Can anyone give me some advice?????
I want to make sure I do this right, especially seeing as how incredibly expensive it is..
Thank you in advance...
Which country / province do you reside in? What is your nationality and the nationality of your children and your ex-husband?

jessica1981
Newly Registered

Post by jessica1981 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:33 pm

My kids and I are in Ontario Canada, my ex has moved to Alberta. We're all Canadian citizens.. My boyfriend is British. :) Thanks for any help!