ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding PSW Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhinavsunny
Newly Registered

Query regarding PSW Funds

Post by abhinavsunny » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi all, this question might have already been answered but I have looked quite a lot and couldn't find it.

It would be much appreciated if you can help me out.

My student visa expires on January 28th. I was planning to apply for my Post Study Work visa in January. I maintained 801 pounds in my account from 29th September to 29th December, which is more than 90 days. On 30th December (today), I transferred 200 pounds to another account of mine, which was overdrawn. I did this before I could get a statement, now, my statement shows a closing balance of 601 pounds on the 30th of December. Does the UKBA check if the balance has been there for 90 days or do they just look at the closing balance?

Any idea what to do? Any suggestions? I am worried. Thanks in advance

Abhinav Sunny.

abhinavsunny
Newly Registered

Post by abhinavsunny » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Any reply would be much appreciated! :?

doucheykid
Newly Registered

Post by doucheykid » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:08 pm

UKBA will look from the latest date of your statement and check backwards. So if your closing balance is below 800, its very likely that they will refuse your application.

Try ask ur bank if they can print the statement only up to the 29th of Dec. Or maybe you can print online statement to the 29th of Dec and get it stamped by the bank.

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Exactly what the above poster said. You need a statement with a closing balance of at least 800 pounds. Try to call your bank (or go to a branch) and try to request for a statement that covers a period of 90 days while you still had 801 pounds.