ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise !!! Naturalization or Permanent Residendy on EUFAM4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sana786786
Newly Registered

Advise !!! Naturalization or Permanent Residendy on EUFAM4

Post by Sana786786 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello Friends,
First of all i hope everyone had a Blast with family nd friends on xmas and looking ahead for NewYear :P

Dear Friends my name is Sana and i am British National Married to Non-Eu National Living and working in Dublin,Ireland.

My Question is if you guys can Guide me , My Husband is on EUFAM4 and his 5Years Period will be Finishing on August 2012 , approximately 7 months Left.
I would like to know My husband can straight away apply for his Naturalisation on his own behalf after once the 5 years are completed ' Or' He had to Apply first the Permanent Residency on my behalf....

In short if we dont want to apply for permanent Residency and straight away Apply for his Naturalization..

It will work or it is Must to apply for Permanent Residency before applying for his Naturalisation....
Regards
Sana...

adlexy

Re: Advise !!! Naturalization or Permanent Residendy on EU

Post by adlexy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Sana786786 wrote:Hello Friends,
First of all i hope everyone had a Blast with family nd friends on xmas and looking ahead for NewYear :P

Dear Friends my name is Sana and i am British National Married to Non-Eu National Living and working in Dublin,Ireland.

My Question is if you guys can Guide me , My Husband is on EUFAM4 and his 5Years Period will be Finishing on August 2012 , approximately 7 months Left.
I would like to know My husband can straight away apply for his Naturalisation on his own behalf after once the 5 years are completed ' Or' He had to Apply first the Permanent Residency on my behalf....

In short if we dont want to apply for permanent Residency and straight away Apply for his Naturalization..

It will work or it is Must to apply for Permanent Residency before applying for his Naturalisation....
Regards
Sana...
Compliments of the season to you as well!

Your husband can apply immediately as soon as he is qualified to do so - you mentioned August 2012. You can double check by using:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Na ... Calculator

However, there has been some "unconfirmed" claims that if you apply for the Permanent Residency first - and are granted, your application will be faster. That may be useful, if by August next year the INIS are still working at beyond the current 23months, instead of the 6months they claim they will be working.

All the best and have a great year ahead!

Sana786786
Newly Registered

Post by Sana786786 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanx Adlexy ,

But im still confused ... if he applies for Naturalisation after he completes 5years period in August then he will be having No visa after 5 year of period,So will he be able to apply for Naturalisation without Visa..?? as 5yeras stamp4 will be finished. So in that case i was confused that if he first have to apply for Permanent Residency and once he got approved and get stamp of permanent residency then he can put his naturalisation !!!! this was the whole confusion

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 pm

aug 2012 .so you can apply for permanent residence card before 6 months .because processing time is 6 months also

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 pm

You can apply for both 1 after the other.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:58 pm

you can apply for permanent residence card in feb 2012.so the time you will recieve the decision it will be aug 2012.once you got the permanent residence card your citizenship application speed will be much quick good luck

Sana786786
Newly Registered

Post by Sana786786 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:10 am

thanks for ur replies , and if he dont apply for Permament Residence card ? Can he Direct Appy for Naturalisation after 5 years without applying PR ??? (Incase if the proof of adreeses in past past five years are missing) and to get rid out of that can we skip PR Application and Driectly apply for Naturalisation...!! In that case will they accept his Naturalisation Application because he will be out of visa ? sorry guys if m Boring you

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Sana786786 wrote:thanks for ur replies , and if he dont apply for Permament Residence card ? Can he Direct Appy for Naturalisation after 5 years without applying PR ??? (Incase if the proof of adreeses in past past five years are missing) and to get rid out of that can we skip PR Application and Driectly apply for Naturalisation...!! In that case will they accept his Naturalisation Application because he will be out of visa ? sorry guys if m Boring you
Well, I see your point but why dont you just renew his permit first and then apply for whatever - PR or Naturalisation?

By renewing first, you have the permit to cover your application period - Remember it is your responsibility to make sure there is no gap in your permit with GNIB,

Sana786786
Newly Registered

Post by Sana786786 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanx Adlexy and all,

Adlexy you said that he should re-new his permit and then apply for PR or Naturalization...So my Point is that renew thing as soon as his 5 years r nearly finished we can get stamp on counter to renew ? or do we have to put the eu3 application ?