ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Appointment

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Biometric Appointment

Post by janinah » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Hello Friends,
I need some help regarding Biometric Appointment.
I applied for Tier 1 PSW visa on 10th December 2011 with two dependants (my wife & one infaint son).

Yesterday & today I received Biometric invitation letter for me, son & wife. In the letter it asked to book appointment by 15 working days. I wonder what actually it means. Is it mean We have to book appointment date at center by 15 working days or by 15 working days i have contact with them to book an appointment. The problem is the letter was dated 21 December. its already 10 days gone. I just checked UKBA site, earliest date for the appointment available is 2nd February 2012.

It will be very helpfull, If any of you can help me out quickly.

Thanks
Last edited by janinah on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akiimor
Newly Registered

Post by akiimor » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:38 pm

I just got a similar question.
I'm currently at my boyfriends house for Christmas but biometric invitation letter dated 21 Dec 2011 arrived at my house.
My housemate kindly let me know Case ID but because he was in a rush to catch a flight going back to india, i couldnt ask him anything more.

My Q is,
Is this following page appropriate for booking biometric appointment?
https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iapply.portal

and then choose "Tier 1 PSW" from the tab?

If anyone knows a different booking URLs, please let me know!

P.S. janinah, if you can come to Croydon, the nearest date you can book is 9th Jan!

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:06 pm

akiimor wrote:
P.S. janinah, if you can come to Croydon, the nearest date you can book is 9th Jan!
where u got 9th January ?, i checked last night & today...earliest date is available is 2nd February in Croydon.

akiimor
Newly Registered

Post by akiimor » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:43 pm

Just followed the link I posted above & select available date between
3rd Jan 2012 to 10th Jan 2012. Or did you use different link to book your appointment?

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:53 pm

yea same link... i think different date showing because of my 2 dependants...

akiimor
Newly Registered

Post by akiimor » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:54 pm

Thats unfair... probably you can call them to book? (sorry i cant asnwer well as i have no document with me atm)

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:33 am

The letter means that you have to book an appointment at any available date. The booking should be made within 15 days of the letter date but the appointment date can be any date within or later than that 15 days.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:08 pm

King_Khan wrote:The letter means that you have to book an appointment at any available date. The booking should be made within 15 days of the letter date but the appointment date can be any date within or later than that 15 days.
Thanks.... Khan

krisVisa

Post by krisVisa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:46 pm

call the 0300 number and book in Cardiff...if you can travel.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:06 pm

krisVisa wrote:call the 0300 number and book in Cardiff...if you can travel.
i called this morning....they confirmed me 15 working days for book appointment...not attending...so i booked next available date 6th February...

krisVisa

Post by krisVisa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 pm

does.this.mean.the.applicant.has.enough.points?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm

krisVisa wrote:does.this.mean.the.applicant.has.enough.points?
no.

krisVisa

Post by krisVisa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:55 pm

how.can.ukba.allow.people.to.overstay?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 pm

krisVisa wrote:how.can.ukba.allow.people.to.overstay?

They don't. if a person make an in time valid application and then his or her leave expires whilst the application is outstanding, then leave is extended and treated as continuing by virtue of section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971.

Why.are.you.typing.like.this.it.is.very.irritating?

krisVisa

Post by krisVisa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:37 pm

sorry.dont.get.irritated.
people.use.dot.if.space.bar.is.not.working

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:57 am

krisVisa wrote:sorry.dont.get.irritated.
people.use.dot.if.space.bar.is.not.working

Hahahaha... That.sounds.funny.now...!!! Oopss, my space bar is working...!!! :P

ukvisahopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisahopeful » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:19 am

King_Khan wrote:The letter means that you have to book an appointment at any available date. The booking should be made within 15 days of the letter date but the appointment date can be any date within or later than that 15 days.
Can u advise how this can be reconfirmed from ukba?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:18 am

ukvisahopeful wrote:
because this is what it says on the letter.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:45 pm

ukvisahopeful wrote:
King_Khan wrote:The letter means that you have to book an appointment at any available date. The booking shouldca be made within 15 days of the letter date but the appointment date can be any date within or later than that 15 days.
Yes, I talked to HO last time, and they confirmed me that.

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:00 pm

ukvisahopeful wrote:
Apart from the letter which is quite obvious, it is my own personal experience as well... I received the biometrics letter at the end of december and got my biometrics done a few days ago without any problem even though I had forgot to bring the biometrics letter along... ;)

ukvisahopeful
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisahopeful » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:17 pm

King_Khan wrote:
ukvisahopeful wrote:
Apart from the letter which is quite obvious, it is my own personal experience as well... I received the biometrics letter at the end of december and got my biometrics done a few days ago without any problem even though I had forgot to bring the biometrics letter along... ;)
Incorrect. Letter is not obvious. I am quoting what it says:
"You have 15 working days (from the date of this letter) to book an appointment....In order to ensure your application is processed in a timely manner it is recommended that you have your biometrics taken as soon as possible "

I am concerned about highlighted text as I received the letter on 2nd Feb 2012 and from 1st Feb they have ONLY online appointments. The closest biometric centre is Croyon as I am based in uxbridge. The first available appointment here is 15th March!!! There are other centres ie liverpool where appointments are available in 15 working days but this would not be convenient! Therefore booking an appointment in 15 working days is clear but what about "as soon as possible"????

It would be great if someone can clarify ASAP as I need to book very quickly. Secondly can anyone give HO number where I can also clarify this ?

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:59 pm

ukvisahopeful wrote: Incorrect. Letter is not obvious. I am quoting what it says:
"You have 15 working days (from the date of this letter) to book an appointment....In order to ensure your application is processed in a timely manner it is recommended that you have your biometrics taken as soon as possible "

I am concerned about highlighted text as I received the letter on 2nd Feb 2012 and from 1st Feb they have ONLY online appointments. The closest biometric centre is Croyon as I am based in uxbridge. The first available appointment here is 15th March!!! There are other centres ie liverpool where appointments are available in 15 working days but this would not be convenient! Therefore booking an appointment in 15 working days is clear but what about "as soon as possible"????

It would be great if someone can clarify ASAP as I need to book very quickly. Secondly can anyone give HO number where I can also clarify this ?
Well i won't say that you are incorrect but let me repeat the letter's wordings...

The first sentence reads:
ukvisahopeful wrote: You have 15 working days (from the date of this letter) to book an appointment
It doesn't say that you have 15 days to get your biometrics done. It means that you have to book your appointment within those 15 days.

In second part:
ukvisahopeful wrote: it is recommended that you have your biometrics taken as soon as possible.
It simply means that you preferably choose the nearest appointment date. The earliest date available is 15 march so go for it, if it is convenient for you otherwise choose 1st april... you will be fine ;)

On top of all that, if you believe that I am not misguiding you, my personal experience should shed away all your concerns that I had my biometrics done almost 40days after that letter. Trust me buddy and don't take extra tension ;) . . I even hadn't taken my biometrics letter which I don't recommend anyone to do the same :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:39 pm

we have already given you the answer, and the letter is clear, you have to to book the appointment within 15 days, and the quicker you give biometrics, the quicker your application will be decided. They do not expect you to travel halfway across the country in order to attend the earliest appointment. As soon as possible for you (unless you have the option of going to the post office) is taking the appointment in Croydon. Taking the appointment in Croydon rather than one 3 weeks earlier in Liverpool is not going to have any effect on your application other than the fact that your application will be decided later if you give biometrics later.

Have a look at the UKBA website, under 'contact' and call them if you want them to confirm this. You will probably have to wait a long time to get through for them to confirm this.