ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does claiming illness benefit affect application for LTR

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiredmum

Does claiming illness benefit affect application for LTR

Post by tiredmum » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:50 pm

A friend of mine has a work permit and has been steadily working at the same place for over 5 years. Last year she got very sick and had to go on illness benefit for a few months. She is now back at work full-time. Would she be able to apply for long term residency or citizenship even if she was not working for a while?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 pm

she dont have to worry about illness claim,illness benefit.it will not going to affect her application.i am wishing you a good luck

adlexy

Re: Does claiming illness benefit affect application for LTR

Post by adlexy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:36 am

tiredmum wrote:A friend of mine has a work permit and has been steadily working at the same place for over 5 years. Last year she got very sick and had to go on illness benefit for a few months. She is now back at work full-time. Would she be able to apply for long term residency or citizenship even if she was not working for a while?
This should have no effect on her application, whatsoever.

Application for LTR and Citizenship is generally based on the GNIB stamp being kept up to date. However, the applicant must not be seen to be a "burden" on the state - in this instance, I don't see sick leave as a burden on the state!

However, detailed information available at:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000014