ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got passport but not the VISA yet - can I travel?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

djbriza
Newly Registered

Got passport but not the VISA yet - can I travel?

Post by djbriza » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 am

Hello everyone, good morning.

This morning I received all the papers and documents with the letter saying I got the visa and that I have to wait now for the visa to arrive.

I need to travel tonight outside the country and I'm wondering if I can do this since my visa is not with me, even though on the letter from UKBA it tells me I will receive the VISA.

Anyone knows about this scenario and if not how can I confirm this? I need to know this ASAP - thank you so much.
Have a nice day!

djbriza
Newly Registered

My visa is Tier 4 General Student

Post by djbriza » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:34 am

I forgot to mention my visa is is Tier 4 General Student.

Let me know if you know anything about this.

Thanks.

Re: Got passport but not the VISA yet - can I travel?

Post by 2012 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:23 pm

djbriza wrote:Hello everyone, good morning.

This morning I received all the papers and documents with the letter saying I got the visa and that I have to wait now for the visa to arrive.

I need to travel tonight outside the country and I'm wondering if I can do this since my visa is not with me, even though on the letter from UKBA it tells me I will receive the VISA.

Anyone knows about this scenario and if not how can I confirm this? I need to know this ASAP - thank you so much.
Have a nice day!
1. U cant.
2. If i am correct u r saying that u r waiting for your BRP (Biometric residence Permit).
3. If you travel outside u wud not be able to come back as u do not have the BRP to show at the port of the departure and back in the UK to the immigration officer.
4. Correct me on BRP as i m assuming that is wat u meant by waiting for the visa.