ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering UK 11months before Tier1 Visa Expires

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balaji2012
Newly Registered

Entering UK 11months before Tier1 Visa Expires

Post by balaji2012 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:57 am

Hello Members,
First, Thanks to you all for posting so much of useful information which answered most of my questions regarding Tier1 g.
Kindly help me by answering the below question, so that I can take a decision at the earliest.

I hold a Tier1 General Migrant visa Valid from 19-Jan-2011 till 19-Jan-2013.

I am currently working in Netherlands with Netherlands Knowledge Migrant Work Permit with a Netherlands company (since March 2011) and earning my salary in Euros.
I had never entered UK until now.
Now, I am trying to get a Job in UK with my Tier1 and would expect to join the UK job before 1st March 2012.
In such case, If I apply for Tier1 Extension in 1st week of Jan 2013 (my Tier1 expires on 19-Jan-2013), i would have payslips only for 10 months (Mar2012 to Dec2012) from my UK job.

Please help in answering the below:
"Can I submit Jan and Feb payslips received from my Netherlands employer for Tier1 extension ?"
i.e, 'x' months of Netherlands Payslips + 'y' months of UK payslips, (in a 12 months period) so that I can earn enough points under Earnings while applying for Extension in Jan 2013.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Balaji

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am

Yes, i believe you can use overseas earnings to gain points for T1 extension but you can not apply any uplift ratio. It will simply be your earnings converted to GBP at the current conversion rate.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:35 pm

My case is similar to yours. Entered UK 8 months prior to my T1 expiry.
8 payslips for UK earnings, 3 for India salary from previous job.
You can definitely claim points for your Netherlands earnings if you need to.

Problem I am facing is - my overseas employer has not committed 100% to entertain uk ba if they choose to verify my salary details for those months I want to claim points for.

This might not be a problem for you, but just thought I would let you know. Try to get both attested payslips AND letter from Netherlands employer confirming gross salary for the months you will be claiming previous earnings points for.

Also, remember to get proper bank statements where your euro salary is being credited, to avoid last minute hassle.