ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - WP - Job Title

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vsh

ILR - WP - Job Title

Post by vsh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm

First of all thanks to all here for helpful forum.
My ILR is due and I am applying at PEO solihull on 24.01.12

My job title on work permit is Graduate Structural Engineer.

I have following 2 Questions
1. Do I have to say chosen to reflect the closest match as main title is Civil Engineers but it does have structural engineer in related titles.

2. Salary rate have option for new graduates and participate in project work. Later applies to me but my title in WP says graduate. Do i change it to structural engineer or leave as graduate to show whats on WP.
Heres the link for SOC. Mine is Section F.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/

Your help is much appreciated.

littlerice

Post by littlerice » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:40 pm

I was in similar situation, and from my experience, you should mention the following points in your employer letter.

1, the job title on your WP (Graduate Structural Engineer)
2, your current actual job title (Structural Engineer)
3, after examining the COP list, "Civil Engineer" with "participate in project work" is the closest match to what you are actually doing right now.

Of course this is assuming your salary is above the "participate in project work" one, don't worry about the word "graduate", after 5 years, you are expected to progress to an engineer rather than a graduate, so don't use "new graduate" (you are 5 years past that) or "on the job training" (you should have passed that too after 5 years)

vsh

Post by vsh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Thanks for replying littlerice.
My current title is same as on my work permit but my concern is word graduate. My salary is above "participate in project work" and i am comparing it against same.
My letter is based on following template

UK Border Agency
SET (O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Date: 04 January 2012

Dear Sir / Madam

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

This is to confirm that Mr. xxxxxxx bearing passport number xxxxxxx has been employed on work permit number xxxxxx dated xxxxxx by xxxxxxx as Graduate Structural Engineer.

His current salary is xxxxxxx ( based on 37.5 hours) which is above the appropriate rate of £23000 (£21562.5 pro-rated on 37.5 hours) as per SOC 2121 for Civil Engineers stated in the Occupation codes of practice for Tier 2 Sponsors (Work Permit). The above mentioned SOC code and Job Title have been chosen to reflect the closest match to Mr {Full Name} current designation and associated job responsibilities.

Mr xxxxxxxx’s services as an employee are still required and he will continue to remain employed with xxxxxxxxx in the foreseeable future.

Should you wish to discuss this with me, I can be contacted on the above number during normal working hours (subject to business meetings), mobile (+44xxxxxxx) or email xxxxxxx

Yours faithfully

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Partner

Any suggestions or changes required? Do you think i need to include sentence in red color as my title is already listed in related title for soc 2121.

If the title is changed and graduate is removed from the title dont we need to inform UKBA when it takes place?

Thanks