ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Bank Statements Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charlotterahman

Spouse Visa - Bank Statements Question

Post by charlotterahman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi, I am trying to finalize my last visa documents for my husband and would like to ask a question about the bank statements. Can anyone tell me there experience when handing in there bank statements? For example, is it okay to highlight on the papers? Or annotate on the papers. As well as writing an extra statement to explain the bank statements. Or is it just a simple case of handing in the papers?

If this question has been asked before could you direct me to the right page, thank you....

potcakes
Newly Registered

Post by potcakes » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:29 pm

We highlighted various bits, some of the outgoings were a bit ambiguous, for instance my savings acc was just a number so I wrote on the statement explaining. We also made sure that all the correct info was on each and every page. We have an online acc so the bank print off was not that good, so a big box of chocolate, and a large bottle of wine later we persuaded one of the tellers to print off our statements with headed paper, stamp, sign, and verify each and every sheet. It was 6 month worth of bank statements! Provide a covering letter and her business card.

I also did my own financial breakdown of ingoing and outgoings on excel.

We were approved in 48 hrs.

Hope this helps

Good luck

charlotterahman

Post by charlotterahman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Approved in 48 hours, Wow! That's really good, don't think ill be as lucky as that, thanks for the help.

LisaEgypt
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa - Bank Statements Question

Post by LisaEgypt » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:52 pm

charlotterahman wrote:Hi, I am trying to finalize my last visa documents for my husband and would like to ask a question about the bank statements. Can anyone tell me there experience when handing in there bank statements? For example, is it okay to highlight on the papers? Or annotate on the papers. As well as writing an extra statement to explain the bank statements. Or is it just a simple case of handing in the papers?

If this question has been asked before could you direct me to the right page, thank you....

Hi

Are you british bringing in a foreign husband? I want my boyfriend to visit me but fear we are to be forced to marry earlier than we planned before the border agency will let him set foot here because they are afraid he will stay... Im curious as surely by forcing us to marry will give us more reason for wanting him to stay.

charlotterahman

Post by charlotterahman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:54 pm

I am British from birth, trying to bring my husband here from Bangladesh..... I will be applying very soon, hopefully this month... Just waiting for his language test certificate to come through....

LisaEgypt
Newly Registered

Post by LisaEgypt » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:00 pm

charlotterahman wrote:I am British from birth, trying to bring my husband here from Bangladesh..... I will be applying very soon, hopefully this month... Just waiting for his language test certificate to come through....
Has your husband either now or previously ever managed to visit the UK? did you marry there or did he come here. The border agency are making our request just to visit for two weeks soo difficult :( Been together three years and I have to go to visit him everytime, it makes me feel I look desperate for a man, whch isnt the case.

charlotterahman

Post by charlotterahman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:06 pm

My husband was over here in the UK on a student visa, he overstayed that visa so he wouldn't have to leave me and worked illegally too. So our visa is going to be really hard to get. We are now separated in separate countries and have been since May last year.

The reason he overstayed was because i was under 21 and therefore unable to get a marriage visa for him to stay with me, therefore we didn't know what to do. However, he was arrested and detained in detention for 2 months, and then i went back to Bangladesh with him and we got married. Luckily the spouse visa rule has now been over turned so i can apply before i am 21. Which may help us a little bit.

I only lasted a month out in Bangladesh, it was really hard to cope so i've come back and started saving in hope that his visa will be granted to the UK. I have no idea what will happen and am not hopeful they will accept his visa due to previous immigration history. But i really don't have any other plans if i cant live in his country and his not allowed into mine? Then what happens? This world is crazy and stupid for keeping people apart.

charlotterahman

Post by charlotterahman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:12 pm

http://www.thisistotalessex.co.uk/Chang ... story.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/1 ... man-rights

http://jcwi.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/ho ... ts-people/

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/b ... w_1_979257

These are a few links of papers i have been in trying to get the marriage age reduced and make the public aware of the affects the home office were causing young people like myself. You will understand my situation a bit more if you read these articles.

LisaEgypt
Newly Registered

Post by LisaEgypt » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:14 pm

charlotterahman wrote:My husband was over here in the UK on a student visa, he overstayed that visa so he wouldn't have to leave me and worked illegally too. So our visa is going to be really hard to get. We are now separated in separate countries and have been since May last year.

The reason he overstayed was because i was under 21 and therefore unable to get a marriage visa for him to stay with me, therefore we didn't know what to do. However, he was arrested and detained in detention for 2 months, and then i went back to Bangladesh with him and we got married. Luckily the spouse visa rule has now been over turned so i can apply before i am 21. Which may help us a little bit.

I only lasted a month out in Bangladesh, it was really hard to cope so i've come back and started saving in hope that his visa will be granted to the UK. I have no idea what will happen and am not hopeful they will accept his visa due to previous immigration history. But i really don't have any other plans if i cant live in his country and his not allowed into mine? Then what happens? This world is crazy and stupid for keeping people apart.
Hmm I am sorry for your story.... I however am not as young as you, I have a home and income and could support my boyfriend, not that he actually needs me too, they just wont accept anything we give them, that he will leave, therefore the best option I can see is to be forced into marriage and go down that route earlier than we intended just to stop me having to do all the travelling. He never has had any intention of living here. But we would like to see each other on a more regular basis. Services wives manage being apart I dont see why we cant.
Question, if your husband came here would he be allowed to work or would/could you be able to support him?
Last edited by LisaEgypt on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlotterahman

Post by charlotterahman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:17 pm

I also had a home and income up until they removed my husband from the country... I moved back in with my parents so i could live rent free and save up to sort out my husbands visa. I have all the evidence of an existing and genuine relationship but they make the rules so difficult. Your in a tricky position because your right they are making it hard, and it is like they are forcing you to marry just so you can spend time together...

LisaEgypt
Newly Registered

Post by LisaEgypt » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:44 pm

charlotterahman wrote:I also had a home and income up until they removed my husband from the country... I moved back in with my parents so i could live rent free and save up to sort out my husbands visa. I have all the evidence of an existing and genuine relationship but they make the rules so difficult. Your in a tricky position because your right they are making it hard, and it is like they are forcing you to marry just so you can spend time together...

It wouldn't be bad if they didn't keep moving the goal posts.....every application they charge him £76 for, if they require further documentation they have the ability to contact you and ask you for it but they dont, I even received an email only last week from the border agency stating that if further documentation was needed they would contact us but as on the two previous occassions they just denied him his visa on further pathetic grounds. Im just wonerdering how much easier would it be to just marry him as that is our plan and give him the option that he doesnt want, which is to live here, to get around the border agencies ignorance that not everyone actually wants to live here.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm

I gave in 6 months of bank statements from the bank that showed recent activity, I also inclded a letter explaining large amounts of deposits and incomings also. I also included a monthly excel sheet of incomings and outcomings to show rent + council tax and expenses expenditure