ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa .. child benefit issues

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dino33ist
Newly Registered

spouse visa .. child benefit issues

Post by dino33ist » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:52 am

urgently heeelp mee.. please.. iam british citizen and and my wife got spouse visa which states (no recourse to puplic funds) and it"s runs out on april 2012..she is in united kingdom since january 2010 and we have daughter 8 months old ... after my daughter born on may 2011 I applied for working tax credit and child tax credit ..when I fill the forms it was also was asking my family details and so on ..therefore i wrote my wife details as well as mine .. but we also applied for child benefit and maternity grand ..now we are claiming WTC.CTC which states my wifes name and my name..but child benefit claimed on my wifes name..my question is now we want to apply for indefinite and we are not sure having thus benefits especially child benefit on my wife name will make any problem.. if it is how can we return payments.. please reply !!!!!!! MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE h.s

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:54 pm

For the technical reasons stated a number of times in this Claiming Benefits section, particularly in the pinned topics, those benefit claims are totally OK, and you and your spouse have nothing to worry about.

Absolutely no reason to return any benefits.
John