ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish National

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justcurious
Newly Registered

Spouse of Irish National

Post by justcurious » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 am

Hi all,
I am Irish national through naturalization, My spouse is on stamp 4 on basis of irish born baby.

Her GNIB card was stolen recently and she needs a new one and also multi-entry visa, Visa on her passport is on basis of Irish born child but in the mean time i have also got Naturalization.

Now she need to get a new card, do we need to pay anything for Multi-entry and new card or what is the best way to approach this.

Thanks in advance.

adlexy

Re: Spouse of Irish National

Post by adlexy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 am

justcurious wrote:Hi all,
I am Irish national through naturalization, My spouse is on stamp 4 on basis of irish born baby.

Her GNIB card was stolen recently and she needs a new one and also multi-entry visa, Visa on her passport is on basis of Irish born child but in the mean time i have also got Naturalization.

Now she need to get a new card, do we need to pay anything for Multi-entry and new card or what is the best way to approach this.

Thanks in advance.
I will suggest that you make an application for a new GNIB card on the basis of being married to an Irish citizen.

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse of Irish National

Post by newbieholland » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:59 pm

justcurious wrote:Hi all,
The GNIB card and re-entry visa is free for Spouse of Irish Citizen & also for Dependents of EU citizen. If she had a GNIB based on parent of an Irish citizen she should get the new GNIB & Re-entry visa for free.
"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:07 am

i think you should update your details to gnib.they will issue you stamp 4 married to irish citizenship. also you can apply for citizenship after 3 years you dont have to wait for 5 years.good luck

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:45 pm

as long as she brings you or your irish passport with her for gnib card or for re-entry visa it is free for her bring original marriage cert as well.

Before you visit gnib you need to visit your local garda station and get a report of your sloten gnib card (its easy guards will take the details and issuse you a report), you will not get a replacement card unless you have a garda report.

good luck.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:57 am

Went this morning with wife and they won't change from Zambrano to irish spouse without first getting permission from DOJ.

so had to pay for replacement garda card and and going tomorrow with postal order for multi-entry, as we are flying soon so don't have time to get permission.