ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturlization application - No response

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

James123
Newly Registered

Naturlization application - No response

Post by James123 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:54 am

Hi,

I applied my (plus my two dependent children) Naturlization application on basis of (4 Year WP + 1 Year ILR) on 11-Jun-2006 through NCS service.

I recieved the acknowldgement straight away in a week i.e. on 17-Jun-2006. but after that I havn't heard any thing. It is almost two months now. I am wondering why it is getting late as my application was straight forward. I have a good credit history (as I am a homeowner) and I submitted all required documents including P60's. The only twist is that my children passport got expired few months ago but they have the ILR sticker on it.

Should I contact Home-Office to ask for update? Sometime I think that it is possible that they have sent me any letter but it has been lost in the post; just optimistic :)

would it harm my application process If I contact them? Please any adivce.

Thanks.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:14 pm

The following appears on the IND website. I haven't kept a note of previous figures, but I don't remember the average processing time varying particularly dramatically in recent months.
When you send in your application we will try to complete our enquiries quickly, usually within six months, but sometimes it may take longer.

These are the waiting times as of end of July 2006.
- Naturalisation 5.17 months
- Adult registrations 2.16 months
- Registration of minors 3.79 months
- Registration of stateless 7.33 months
- Other registrations 3.53 months
- Renunciations 1.48 months
- Right of Abode applications 1.14 months
Average times for all nationality applications (as of end of July) 4.67 months

This information has not been quality assured, and is not a national statistic. It should be treated as provisional management information.

The short increase of waiting times for ALL Nationality applications is due to a large influx of Naturalisation applications received prior to 1st November 2005.

Please contact Nationality Group in urgent cases only. A lot of enquiries can slow down decision times.
My advice is to do nothing for the time being, unless it is actually urgent.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:43 pm

I know how much of a pain the wait is, just a point, you credit history should have no bearing on the application, also your kids passports being expired for a couple of months should not cause any problems. My passport had expired in Dec 2005 and I had not renewed by the time I applied last month, and this had no effect on my application.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:43 pm

bbdivo wrote:I know how much of a pain the wait is, just a point, you credit history should have no bearing on the application, also your kids passports being expired for a couple of months should not cause any problems. My passport had expired in Dec 2005 and I had not renewed by the time I applied last month, and this had no effect on my application.
No, it's not actually a requirement for anyone in the UK to have a valid passport, except if you're using it for travel, of course.

James123
Newly Registered

Post by James123 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:40 pm

Thanks for your reply. So how long should I wait? I have to call them at some point?

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:42 pm

James123 wrote:Thanks for your reply. So how long should I wait? I have to call them at some point?
I guess it's a matter of judgement. You've been waiting 2 months; the website says that you can expect to wait for just over 5 months and that they try to deal with applications quickly ('quickly' being a relative term, obviously) - i.e. within 6 months. I suppose it would not be unreasonable to contact them again in, say, 3 months' time, which would take you up to the 5 months period. I doubt that it would have any adverse effect on your application if you contacted them sooner than that, although you'll probably just get an anodyne answer I imagine.

Of course, if you are planning to travel abroad, then that is a different matter, since you will presumably want your own passport back so that you can use it and your children's expired passports back to expedite transfer of their immigration status into their new passport.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:52 pm

As James123 applied through NCS, he should still have the passports - that's one of the advantages of using them.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:55 pm

ppron747 wrote:As James123 applied through NCS, he should still have the passports - that's one of the advantages of using them.
Yes, absolutely - quite right! (That will teach me to read more thoroughly!)