ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advice on eea2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elugray
Newly Registered

need advice on eea2 application

Post by elugray » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:27 am

Please,i would like to share my expirence so far with eea2 application and seek advice on what next to do.
I applied for eea2 about 3 months ago and have not recieved an acknoledgement from home office,about 8weeks into my application i rang the home office,after checking my details out he said a letter was sent out to my solicitor over 4weeks ago and said he should request another letter.which was despatch through my solicitor the next day.4 weeks later still no c.o.a,i rang home office again and was told to go and wait that they have noted it and are looking to why i haven't gotten it yet.
has anybody expirence this before because i am getting a bit aggitated,3months and no c.o.a.
Many Thanks

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

yes

Post by nonspecifics » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:56 am

Yes.

Two and a half months and no COA. Nothing.

Emailed complaint and awaiting reply.

elugray
Newly Registered

need advice with eea2 application

Post by elugray » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Please to whom and where do i complain to.

Ikonkar
India

Re: need advice with eea2 application

Post by Ikonkar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:03 pm

elugray wrote:Please to whom and where do i complain to.
Sorry to hear that both of you hasn't received your respective COA's yet, I found this email address(see below), email them and I would suggest to follow it up again next week. Hope this works for you. All the best

NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk(North West Customer Service Unit). However, if you are still dont get reply, try contacting Solvit. They are awefully good :). On a personal experience when I send my EEA2 application on the 9th of Nov, I was impatient since day 1, so I emailed Solvit after couple of weeks regarding my COA and got there reply within couple of days that they've passed it onto the other department, in the meantime my COA arrived on the 10th Dec, dated 6th Dec. So I had to withdraw my complaint.

I would strongly suggest you to email NWCSU with all your details and get them in action.

GOD BLESS

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

THANKS IKONAR

Post by nonspecifics » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Yes, that's the same place I emailed. Received an automatic out of office reply, so still waiting in a response.

I pointed out that according to the 2006 Regulations a COA is supposed to be issued "IMMEDIATELY".

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... on/17/made

The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006

Issue of residence card

17.3 (3) On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required to accompany the application the Secretary of State shall immediately issue the applicant with a certificate of application for the residence card and the residence card shall be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents are received.

Ikonkar
India

Re: THANKS IKONAR

Post by Ikonkar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:14 pm

nonspecifics wrote:Yes, that's the same place I emailed. Received an automatic out of office reply, so still waiting in a response.

I pointed out that according to the 2006 Regulations a COA is supposed to be issued "IMMEDIATELY".

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... on/17/made

The Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006

Issue of residence card

17.3 (3) On receipt of an application under paragraph (1) or (2) and the documents that are required to accompany the application the Secretary of State shall immediately issue the applicant with a certificate of application for the residence card and the residence card shall be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents are received.
Hi mate,

I would suggest you to contact Solvit then....Saying that I received this reply from them(Solvit) when I asked them how long does it take for the Member state to issue COA.

''There is no EU legislative deadline for the COA to be issued, only as soon as possible. Member States did not agree to accept the imposition of a deadline to issue this document.''

I honestly hope I could be of any more help...

God Bless

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Thanks

Post by nonspecifics » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks for that, Ikonkar.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

UPDATE TO NO COA

Post by nonspecifics » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Update:

As I said, a complaint was emailed to the North West Customer Service Unit address mentioned in an earlier post.

Now, about ten days later, the Certificate of Application (COA) letter has arrived.

The "immediately" was approximately three months in this case.

"Better late than never", as the saying goes.

There has been no answer from the complaints unit yet and no reference to the complaint is included with the COA, but at least receiving the COA is a step forward in the right direction.

To Ikonkar, I emailed the YourEurope advice people and got the same response that you have quoted.

Ikonkar
India

Re: UPDATE TO NO COA

Post by Ikonkar » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Update:

As I said, a complaint was emailed to the North West Customer Service Unit address mentioned in an earlier post.
Now, about ten days later, the Certificate of Application (COA) letter has arrived.

The "immediately" was approximately three months in this case.

"Better late than never", as the saying goes.

There has been no answer from the complaints unit yet and no reference to the complaint is included with the COA, but at least receiving the COA is a step forward in the right direction.

To Ikonkar, I emailed the YourEurope advice people and got the same response that you have quoted.

Hi Mate,

Great that you have received your COA!! Happy for you :)