ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Havent recieved biometric invitation letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naval1234
Mood:
India

Havent recieved biometric invitation letter

Post by naval1234 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi friends, i hope somebody can help me here, i applied for my post study work visa on 28th november, fees was deducted within a week and i recieved an acknoledgment letter. However uptill now i havent recieved my biometric invitation letter. Most of my friends applied after me and their applications have already been approved last month. I called the immigration office they said that they cant tell me anything for six months. I am really worried and dont know what to do now. I dont want to lose my job over this. What should i do ?

extranjero
Newly Registered

Post by extranjero » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 pm

MY advice is to call the students rights and advice at your university, they will be able to tell you what to do or even help you.

I did the same during this nerve-wrecking process.

Good luck

naval1234
Mood:
India

Post by naval1234 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks for your reply. I will try and call the university office and see what happens but i am not very confident that they will help me.

Also is it necessary that everybody receives biometric invitation letter ? since one of my friends had applied last time and he didn't get any bio metric invitation letter. He received his approval letter directly.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 pm

There is not much your university can do.

yes you do need to give biometrics as the PSW form explains clearly. I assume your friend before biometrics were introduced for PSW applications.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:05 am

Do this.

Fax them on 01142072536.

Put PSW in the heading plus (switching from tier 4)

include your name, nationality, passport number and ukba ref number as given on your acknowledgement letter. this is to help them trace your application

tell them you haven't received a letter and you suspect its lost in the post.mention the address to send your biometric letter to in your fax too.

good luck

naval1234
Mood:
India

Hi frie

Post by naval1234 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi friends,
Thanks for your replies. I brought up my problem to the international advice team of my university. They called UKBA and asked about my problem. Turns out they had written wrong address on the post. instead of house no. 33 they wrote 38. So they have now sent me a new letter. What a relief ! Thanks extranjero !