ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying EEA2-Unmarried from a British Consulate in Germany

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MBrenne
Newly Registered

Applying EEA2-Unmarried from a British Consulate in Germany

Post by MBrenne » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi All,

Is it possible to apply for EEA2 Unmarried Partner Visa from a British Consulate anywhere in EU?

My boyfriend who is German wanted to relocate here in UK. We want to apply for EEA2 Unmarried Visa for me(non-EU) to a British Consulate in Germany. He will therefore apply as Job Seeker or Self Sufficient in order to exercise his EU treaty rights.

We're wondering if this will work? Or does he have to be here already before we can apply for EEA2 Residence Permit for me?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Brenne

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

You are using the wrong terms.

EEA2 Residence Card is apply from within the UK. What you need is a EEA Family Permit which acts as an entry clearance ("visa") to enter the UK.

I suggest you read the following page on the UKBA: EEA Family Permit in particular 2.1 - 2.5 & 2.11

He doesn't need to be exercising treaty rights before moving to the UK. You can travel together.

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Jambo wrote:You are using the wrong terms.

EEA2 Residence Card is apply from within the UK. What you need is a EEA Family Permit which acts as an entry clearance ("visa") to enter the UK.

I suggest you read the following page on the UKBA: EEA Family Permit in particular 2.1 - 2.5 & 2.11

He doesn't need to be exercising treaty rights before moving to the UK. You can travel together.
hi i send my EEA2 application 19th december but the HO send me my application with all documents 18th january with cover letter they want my non EU passport the think is that i not send my non EU passport i send just my partner passport and all documents 23rd january they received my application i check by royal mail but i am worry about my full uk driving licence 3 points is there any problem please help me about this
Zkhan

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:50 am

MBrenne,

How long have you been living with your partner? What is your citizenship?