ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company name change issue while applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haiammu
Newly Registered

Company name change issue while applying for ILR

Post by haiammu » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi,

I applied for my ILR along with my spouse and my application was withheld. I thought I had the most simple and straight forward application but I was wrong. My company name changed recently. I went to PEO Croydon with a letter from HR mentioning the Company name change but they didn't accept it. Rather they wanted a confirmation letter from UK Work permit office. Hence my ILR was withheld. All my originals are with Croydon office and they have given me 14 days time to get the letter.
I asked my HR to apply which they did but it looks like it will take 3-4 weeks before it will get updated.

Any of you had similar experiences ?? How did your application went through. I am on work permit and working for the same company since last 5 years. Now I am worried if my application might be rejected.

Once you change the company Name, do UKBA send a letter confirming that and should I submit that ??

This is what its mentioned in the letter which the officer incharge handed over at PEO

###############################################

Thank you for your application for leave to remain in the UK.

To help me consider the matter, please send me the following documents. Please send the ORIGINAL documents as photocopies are NOT acceptable for the purpose of deciding your application.

Documents Required :
1. Documentary evidence from your employer contacting Work Permit UK Sponsor Management Unit Sheffield explaining takeover/technical change.

To enable the application to be considered fully and promptly we need all the above documents. It is therefore essential that you use the enclosed return label and reply withing 14 days.

###############################################

Please share any information/suggestion you have.
Thanks

haiammu
Newly Registered

What is my status now ????

Post by haiammu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 pm

I applied for my ILR which was withheld for some document. All my originals including my passport is with UKBA Croydon office. My visa expired yesterday (8/1.2012). I am in the process of collecting the letter which UKBA office asked for considering my ILR application.

So my question is,

- As my passport is with UKBA, even though my application is withheld and my visa is expired, am I staying legally ??

I know I am staying legal as when you apply ILR through post, while decision is made even if the visa expires you are legal but my case the only difference is that I applied for same day service, paid premium fee and still waiting for my ILR :-( .

Thanks

dsoso

company name change

Post by dsoso » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm

hiammu,
i do gope you now have your ilr?as per company name,would you mind sharing if it was the complete name that changed or a part of it?i as because i ramg up HO to explain similar case and was told if name was changed a little bit and not the whole, a letter from my employer would doi shall await your reply.thanks

arjun_wp

Re: company name change

Post by arjun_wp » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:12 am

Hi Haiammu,
I hope that you had submitted the home office technical change confirmation document in time and got ILR in time, Can you please share with us your experience how it went?