ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INFO REQUIRED

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umashankar_24
Newly Registered

INFO REQUIRED

Post by umashankar_24 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:18 pm

Dear All,

I am looking for important information.

One of my friend who came to UK on a three year Work permit, changed job without getting new work permit for the current employer. His work permit and visa will be expiring by March 2007.

Now he came to know about all this mess.

His current employer is willing to do whatever it takes to put him back into legal status as per the Home Office rules. The questions are as below:

1) Assuming his previous employer had cancelled his work permit, Will it be possible to get another work permit?

2) Assuming that he gets another work permit, If he goes back to India with new work permit for this new employer, Will he be able to get UK visa?

3) Are there any legal advice can be obtained before applying for the visa in India?

4) Do you aware of any good legal firm to handle the work permit process and assisting in obtaining the visa?

Your time and information will be appreciated greatly.

Have a nice day..Cheers.

itsme
Member of Standing

Re: INFO REQUIRED

Post by itsme » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:08 am

umashankar_24 wrote:Dear All,

I am looking for important information.

One of my friend who came to UK on a three year Work permit, changed job without getting new work permit for the current employer. His work permit and visa will be expiring by March 2007.

so your friend, worked illegally without a proper visa with other firm, which is a offence and i am not sure what action can current employer take on him legally

Now he came to know about all this mess.

His current employer is willing to do whatever it takes to put him back into legal status as per the Home Office rules. The questions are as below:

1) Assuming his previous employer had cancelled his work permit, Will it be possible to get another work permit?

- YES, if he can find an employer/consultant who can sponsor

2) Assuming that he gets another work permit, If he goes back to India with new work permit for this new employer, Will he be able to get UK visa?

- what do u mean by Visa ?? bit confused here. assuming if he gets another WP while he is in UK itself, i dont see any problem in travelling between UK-India as long he holds valid visa (WP in this case)

3) Are there any legal advice can be obtained before applying for the visa in India?

- again, do you mean applying EC in India ?? i dont foresee any issue

4) Do you aware of any good legal firm to handle the work permit process and assisting in obtaining the visa?

- WP is only applied by companies not by indivduals. your employer should pass details to HO. you can try www.workpermit.com relaible, but a bit heavy to your/company's pocket.

Your time and information will be appreciated greatly.

Have a nice day..Cheers.
[/b]
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---