ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensice Sickness insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anne-Marie
Newly Registered

Comprehensice Sickness insurance

Post by Anne-Marie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:53 am

Dear All,

I am sorry to start about this one again as it is already mentioned in other posts, but it is still not clear to me which policy would be a good one. It seems that no one knows exactly but I would like to know if people know of any insurances which have actually been acceptepted by the Home office?

We are currently with Bupa select via my husbands employer which covers things like:

Out patient consultations, therapies and diagnostic tests, complementary medicine and MRI, CT and PET scans.
Facility access
Surgical operations carried out as out patient treatment
Facility charges for day patient treatment and in patient treatment
Cancer treatment for out patients
Psychiatric treatment
Home nursing
Private ambulance
Waiting periods

Does anyone know if this is enough? Or any tips?

Much appreciated,

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie
Newly Registered

Post by Anne-Marie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:17 am

Just called Home Office to ask them. They answered that it would be sufficient to show ANY private health insurance as long as we can show a valid certificate. When I said that I heard alot of scary stories about people having that and still being refused she said that as Bupa is one of the larger companies it would be easy for the Home Office to check with them.

Still a bit vague but I think I will just stay where I am with Bupa and hope for the best.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

CSI

Post by nonspecifics » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm not an insurance expert but, that policy sounds fairly comprehensive to me.

Does it include or specifically exclude pre-existing medical conditions?

That would matter if you do have pre-existing medical conditions.

If you don't have pre-existing medical conditions, then it's reasonable to say you don't need that.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Anne-Marie wrote:Just called Home Office to ask them. They answered that it would be sufficient to show ANY private health insurance as long as we can show a valid certificate. When I said that I heard alot of scary stories about people having that and still being refused she said that as Bupa is one of the larger companies it would be easy for the Home Office to check with them.

Still a bit vague but I think I will just stay where I am with Bupa and hope for the best.
it would be easier if you kept to the same post. It is not sufficient to show any private health insurance. the health insurance has to be comprehensive as set out in the European casework instructions. The people you speak to on the phone are not caseworkers.

Anne-Marie
Newly Registered

Post by Anne-Marie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:52 pm

My apologies, I thought as this was more about insurance in particular I should open a new topic.

We had to inform them beforehand if either of us had any conditions but we don't have anything thankfully. I did just called Bupa and they said our cover is not fully comprehensive. My husband is going to ask his company about possibilities of upgrading our policy.

Pff I don't know what else to do. I am no expert in this matter either and I don't know what to look for. Should we just go to gocompare and choose a different insurance which does claim to be comprehensive? :(

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

CSI

Post by toni34 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:04 pm

My health insurance is not comprehensive cause i have a precondition which was excluded but my eea2 was approved almost one year now and no problem what so ever
NON EU national with RC