ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa refusal - please advise me

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rumise
United Kingdom

Family visa refusal - please advise me

Post by rumise » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I lived in UK and wanted my mother to visit me. We applied but visa get refused.

This is what they have stated on decision notice:

1. You state that you are financially supported by your son (UK sponsor) however you have not supplied any evidence to verify this. Whilst you have provided details of your son’s income and finance, there is no proof of his financial support of you and the claimed income you state from this source.

2. You appear to have no dependent relatives; you have provided no satisfactory evidence of any income or assets you have in Pakistan. In light of these things I consider that you have not shown that you have sufficiently strong family, social or economic ties in Pakistan.

3. I have note that you have not indicated travelling outside Pakistan in the last 10 years.

These are the objections they have raised.

Now some details about these points.

I do send monthly money to my mother which is £400 and I wrote on application form that she gets 30,000 Rs (£250) every month but the problem was I send money through money exchanger and she get it from any bank. We never use bank account directly for this. I have all the previous money exchanger original slips which clearly stated send name “my name” and receiver name “my mother name” but I have not provided these slips with application.

No one of my family dependent on my mother financially although all my family except me lives with her in her house.

I mother have property on her name in Pakistan and all my family living together in her house. Property papers were not submitted with my application but can be submitted if required.

My mother never travelled outside Pakistan from last 10 years and I wrote that clearly in application form.

Please help me in this matter, should I go for appeal or should I reapply with all these extra papers?
Many thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:20 am

Visitor visa is given based on few points:

1. Do you have enough finance to support your trip, source of that finance
2. Do you have stronger ties in home country: property, pension, business, job (salary), family memebers, car.

In your case:

You will have to provide link of money originating from you to her account. UKBA wants to know what is the source of her income.

Submit property papers - I know the take only photo copies after verifying against originals.

Submit copies of passport of her relatives in home country.

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:19 pm

rajesh9pl thanks for the reply ...

they actually have not said anything about my finance as I am support her whole trip and I have showed my wages and bank details.

my elder brother has travelled many times UK as visitor and he and his family is living with my mother so should I submit his passport copy as well?

one final thing ... should I re-apply or should I appeal against the refusal?

Many thanks

LisaEgypt
Newly Registered

Post by LisaEgypt » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:13 pm

rumise wrote:rajesh9pl thanks for the reply ...

they actually have not said anything about my finance as I am support her whole trip and I have showed my wages and bank details.

my elder brother has travelled many times UK as visitor and he and his family is living with my mother so should I submit his passport copy as well?

one final thing ... should I re-apply or should I appeal against the refusal?

Many thanks
I was under the impression that if you have family ties in the UK you have the right of appeal of the decision. I was informed that if I married rather than keep applying at a cost of £76 everytime we applied for a normal uk visit visa , which they can add more and more reasons everyime they refuse, as a husband he would be able to appeal. I am very new to this immigration lark ..being British we manage to travel to most places unquestioned, how anyone manages to get into this country with the problems I have had with my fiance is a mystery to me. Like you all our finances ahave been given in evidence and thats still not enough but any EU member looking for work or benefits seems to get straight in.