ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to Tier 2

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rumise
United Kingdom

Switching from PSW to Tier 2

Post by rumise » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi,

I am currently on PSW and working for a company from last 14 months, now company offer me work permit. My Company have not registered yet but they are applying for that and they are already in this process. My job title is Web Developer, working 42.5 hrs a week in which 2.5h are unpaid and my salary is £25,000 pa. My company also offer me pay increase in 5 months time. My PSW is running out on Sept 2012. please advice me in right direction.

Thanks in advance

Re: Switching from PSW to Tier 2

Post by 2012 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 pm

rumise wrote:Hi,

I am currently on PSW and working for a company from last 14 months, now company offer me work permit. My Company have not registered yet but they are applying for that and they are already in this process. My job title is Web Developer, working 42.5 hrs a week in which 2.5h are unpaid and my salary is £25,000 pa. My company also offer me pay increase in 5 months time. My PSW is running out on Sept 2012. please advice me in right direction.

Thanks in advance
1. I am not sure wat r u asking as u seem to answer u own questions.
2. The only thing i can suggest is to make sure that u wages are according to the code of practice.

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:11 pm

thank for your quick reply ...

I wanted to ask about the wages mainly. Is my salary is enough to get work permit and how and where I can check wages requirement according to code of practice?

should I wait for my pay increase and then apply for work permit?

one more thing, could you tell me how long home office takes to give license to a company so it can give CoS.

Many thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:18 pm

rumise wrote:thank for your quick reply ...

I wanted to ask about the wages mainly. Is my salary is enough to get work permit and how and where I can check wages requirement according to code of practice?

should I wait for my pay increase and then apply for work permit?

one more thing, could you tell me how long home office takes to give license to a company so it can give CoS.

Many thanks
Occupation code of practice

Work permits refers to the pre-PBS system. You will be applying for leave under Tier 2, not a work permit.

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Occupation code of practice shows salary for Software Developer or Web Developer is £31,200. where as My current salary is £25000 and my company would raise my salary max 2k or 3k in May.

does it mean I do not chance to switch from PWS to Tier 2?

Post by 2012 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:23 pm

rumise wrote:Occupation code of practice shows salary for Software Developer or Web Developer is £31,200. where as My current salary is £25000 and my company would raise my salary max 2k or 3k in May.

does it mean I do not chance to switch from PWS to Tier 2?
1. If you are not paid according to the COP then u application will be refused.
2. When u company issues you with a certificate then they suppose to check these things before issuing a certificate.
3. Tier 2 sponsorship applications can take longer time and it is not a quick procedure.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:00 pm

try finding different job title..

try to match job description with yours actual job description. it might have a lower salary threshold with less-ugly job title!!!

then, you will satisfy tier 2 requirements

stephalphs
Newly Registered

Post by stephalphs » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:03 am

I just saw that the salary for a web designer is 26k. If you choose that then u might qualify

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Everyone,

Need some urgent help but in detail please.

My job title is “WEB Developer” Salary =”26k” Working Hours = 40.

My Job Description is Equals to “Web Designer” job title on Code of Practice which stat Salary of “26k ” based on 37 ½ hrs. (My employer will describe this on sponsorship letter (COS))

Would it be ok to apply for Tier 2 now? Or my extra 2 ½ hrs will make any negative effect on my application???

Many thanks

earnmycash
Newly Registered

Post by earnmycash » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 pm

sorry, posted here by mistake, please delete this message.