ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Advice: Do I need a Divorce certificate?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dr_bhx
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Advice: Do I need a Divorce certificate?

Post by dr_bhx » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 am

I came to UK on HSMP and got ILR in 2011.
Now I am due to apply for naturalisation later this year.
I got married when on HSMP, My wife came to live as my dependant and we separated in 2009 and I divorced her in Islamic way. I notified the Home office by filling change in circumstances form.

I got married again in 2010 in Pakistan and my current wife is taking english language test before she applies as spouse dependent.

I meet all the requirements for naturalisation. My query is

* Do I need to produce a divorce certificate with my ILR application or my new marriage certificate, even though I am applying for naturalisation based on HSMP+Tier1 +ILR

* If I do not have a divorce certificate(In Pakistan Divorce certificate is needed for a women to re marry and not to men)Can this effect my Naturalisation application?

Many thanks for your help.

dr_bhx
Newly Registered

Post by dr_bhx » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Can anyone advice please?