ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Permanent Residence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

philemon_bodiba

Application for Permanent Residence

Post by philemon_bodiba » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 am

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:58 am Post subject: Application for Permanent Residence
Hi!

I'm currently on a 5 year residence card which expires in March this year. I've retained it on the basis that I have a child from a marriage which lasted for less than 3 years with an EEA national.
I fully understand now that I qualify to apply for a PR because I'm also in possession of a contact order(which was applied for last year), however, what slightly troubles me prior to applying is that the contents of my contact order briefly states that, among other things, 'I HAVE A FULL PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY' where as the Home Office guideline for this category specifically states that 'a court has ruled that such access must take place in the United Kingdom'. So could this different jeopardise my chance of acquiring a PR? And, would it be fine to submit my application now since I first came to the UK in 2004 as a Working Holiday maker?
Pa