ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All guys who obtained EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arm
Member of Standing

All guys who obtained EC

Post by arm » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:35 pm

Hi guys,

Please, please, please.

Could you please write here how much pound did you show for EC.
It will be good statistic as many members are interested in this.

Thank you very much for your effort.

maar

Post by maar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:41 pm

Yes please, would appreciate if any one can provide the details of EC

ASAS1
Newly Registered

WHAT DO U MEAN?

Post by ASAS1 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 am

PLEASE TYPE UR Q IN MORE DETAIL

windmill

Post by windmill » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:25 am

I think what s/he means - Guys who have obtained their Entry Clearance after getting approved for HSMP, if they can post the amount/bank balance they have shown in pounds, it will be helpful to use as an estimate.

I know it will be surely helpful to see such numbers (3k?, 4k?, 5k? or so). More important, it will help us determine an estimate for the lower limit.

Mind, we all know its very subjective based on various factors such as country, place, person who's approving the EC etc (of course some bit of luck :)).

maar

Post by maar » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:34 am

It would be nice if who ever got EC share the following details

1) Amount shown or is it sponcered by some one
2) Questions asked in EC if you got to attend the interview
3) Do you have already job offer in UK
4) How many days it took and place where you EC got cleared
5) If you have any other useful info which you feel will be help full to others

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:48 am

Hey :?: :?: :?:

Realy nobody recieved EC ???

Please share your experience.

It will help others during next step HSMP.

Thank you very much :)

sdd7677
Newly Registered

Post by sdd7677 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:58 am

To get EC liquid(cash) around 2000 pound is more than enough to go through it !!! Also include your fixed asset to be at safe side...get letters from family member who are in home country(father,mother) taht they will support you if you need any financial help when you will be in UK......EC is not that tough

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:58 pm

To get EC liquid(cash) around 2000 pound is more than enough to go through it !!!
I'm not sure it is possible to be that definite. I suspect it would depend upon personal circumstances. Remember what you are having to show here is that you will not need to have recourse to certain Public Funds.

So, for example, if someone is initially being put up rent-free by family or friends, and has a job already arranged, that they will start shortly after arrival in the UK, then yes, £2000 probably would be enough.

However at the other extreme, if someone has not already arranged a job, and thus will need to go job hunting when they arrive here, and also they will need to pay for their accommodation as soon as they arrive, I would suspect that £2000 would not be enough.
John

windmill

Post by windmill » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:15 pm

However at the other extreme, if someone has not already arranged a job, and thus will need to go job hunting when they arrive here, and also they will need to pay for their accommodation as soon as they arrive, I would suspect that £2000 would not be enough.
Thats why, it would be great to hear some real numbers. I hope and wish people access this board even after their EC clearance. I've been contacted by recruiters but I still haven't applied yet so long way to go.

I shall be sending out everything by next week, if hopefully I can finish all my documents by then (fingers crossed).

thomas_mat_77
Newly Registered

Post by thomas_mat_77 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:24 pm

I had shown around 6k when I applied for EC from India last year. I had a job in hand as well. Better to show a decent amount...I guess.

sdd7677
Newly Registered

here are numbers you wanted

Post by sdd7677 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:07 am

I have applied for EC in 2005.

i have shown
1. 2000 pounds in bank as liquid (bank balance inlcuding me and my father). do not transfer money from here and there from relatives to show the lot of amount in bank, otherwise visa officer may do cross check to see whether this guy doing any frodulment or what?
2. If you have fixed deposit in name of you/your blood relation family memebers(mother,father,sister,unlce, grandma) all you can include.
3. LIC policies also goes under liquid asset. get valuation of your policies from your insurance company
4. get valuation of your mom/sisters or yours jwelary
5. get valuation of your asset(home/land if any) to show it as well
and finally with all this douments go to CA to get report of your family assest.
Also get notification from lawyer in the name of all persons whom you inlclude in CA report stating these people are going to support financially if needed when you will be in UK.

Include all the original documents like passbook, fixed deposit receipt, CA statement, land/home valuation report when you apply for EC

I have applied last year for EC with following amount
2000 pounds in bank(which was joint acount of mine and my dad)
around 1500 pound of fixed deposit in bank
total of fixed asset+liquid asset=about 10 lakh

I have also helped my two friends accrodingly to get EC and they have got it.

Also adding I had no job in hand when applied for EC, If you are thinking 2000 pounds is very less to fly with, then you are wrong its not the case...none of us(atleast from india) would fly with more than 1500 pounds in hand(i am talking about upper middle class people/middle class people).

If any special inquiry do PM me. I will try my best to reply for.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:56 am

Hi sdd7677,

Thank you very much, great job :D

So you had only 2000 pound and nothig else :)
No job offer no letter from someone to providing you flat to stay.

I think this is good experience. Great.

Has someone else experience like this?
Please share it.

Thank you.