ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application: Request for Police Report

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DEVONIAN

British Citizenship Application: Request for Police Report

Post by DEVONIAN » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for my British Citizenship (BC) in the last quarter of 2011 and was recently contacted by the case worker to contact my local Police Force, i.e. The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) to request them to do a check on their database and send the result directly to the UKBA. I am confident the result would be fine, but used to think they normally do this without any references to BC applicants. Is this a new development? Is it peculiar to BC applicants resident in Northern Ireland, probably because the UKBA has no direct access to the PSNI database? Please fill me in!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:40 am

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:53 pm

sorry to ask a question in someone else's thread but I thought its very relevant to me, apologies!

I live in belfast and was planning to apply for naturalization october 2012, but was planning to use any of the NCS(I am aware that there is none in Northern ireland so was planning to go to a NCS to apply), but this additional requirement of extra police check, does it prevent me anyway from applying at NCS??? I mean will they send me back from NCS stating that application incomplete due to the lack of that document???

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:56 pm

dr_raihan29 wrote:sorry to ask a question in someone else's thread but I thought its very relevant to me, apologies!

I live in belfast and was planning to apply for naturalization october 2012, but was planning to use any of the NCS(I am aware that there is none in Northern ireland so was planning to go to a NCS to apply), but this additional requirement of extra police check, does it prevent me anyway from applying at NCS??? I mean will they send me back from NCS stating that application incomplete due to the lack of that document???
No.
It's the HO that asks for this information during the application processing. It's not needed when applying (postal or NCS).

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:19 pm

I was looking at the DAT1 form and guideline, it seems that unlike CRB I can request this check myself by visiting a police station, to save time in processing the application would it make more sense for me to apply for daT1 CHECk beforehand and include the certificate with my an1?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:35 pm

No harm in trying. Worse case, you lost £10.

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:28 pm

thanks very much for the reply

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Many thanks, in deed, for all the responses. Thanks to Jambo in particular. @ dr_raihan29, I'm unsure if the DAT1 report sent by you together with the AN application form would be OK by the UKBA. This is because the report would have to be sent by the Criminal Record Office in Belfast directly to the UKBA, indicating your application reference number which you wouldn't have until your application has been assigned to a caseworker. Hope this helps.

anear
Newly Registered

Post by anear » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm

The Ref number is same as on your ILTR letter.

I left NI 4.5 years ago and have lived in Scotland since. I submitted my application at an NCS in Scotland . Still they requested access to PSNI data.

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 pm

hi anaer, thnx for the reply. what is the ILTR number? how long did it take for u to get the approval?