ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WORK PERMIT HELP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umashankar_24
Newly Registered

WORK PERMIT HELP

Post by umashankar_24 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:10 pm

Dear All,

I am looking for important information.

One of my friend who came to UK on a three year Work permit, changed job without getting new work permit for the current employer. His work permit and visa will be expiring by March 2007.

Now he came to know about all this mess.

His current employer is willing to do whatever it takes to put him back into legal status as per the Home Office rules. The questions are as below:

1) Assuming his previous employer had cancelled his work permit, Will it be possible to get another work permit?

2) Assuming that he gets another work permit, If he goes back to India with new work permit for this new employer, Will he be able to get UK visa?

3) Are there any legal advice can be obtained before applying for the visa in India?

4) Do you aware of any good legal firm to handle the work permit process and assisting in obtaining the visa?

Your time and information will be appreciated greatly.

Have a nice day..Cheers. :arrow:

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:30 pm

strange, you and your friend have both changed employers without applying for a new WP

abbi
Newly Registered

Post by abbi » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:28 am

This is a typical Example of a Umbrella Sponsor Companies

Who can get a Workpermit for you but when you come in to the Country then you have to find another Employer to Get on with the WP

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:49 am

olisun wrote:strange, you and your friend have both changed employers without applying for a new WP
After reading previous post for uma... I too feel strange.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

raj4uk
Newly Registered

WP Extension problem

Post by raj4uk » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:17 am

Hello,
My Employer had filed for Work Permit extension on 12th June 2006(My current leaves expires on 3rd July 2006), but since my employer changed the company address it has been delayed and I am not sure when it will come through, Since I need to travel after 2-3 weeks and can not wait until then, so I am thinking to change the employer who can make the fresh application for my WP and asking the current employer to withdraw my application. If I do so, would there be any problem in getting the FLR(IED) stamp on my Passport and eventually in getting ILR later . Please share your viewes.

Cheers
Raj

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:09 am

umashankar_24 : Sent you a Private Message (PM).

Regards

umashankar_24
Newly Registered

Post by umashankar_24 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:51 pm

I am having valid work permit till 2010. Please stay away from making silly comments. If you are aware of similar situation or know the way to help, then decide to answer.

There are many overseas applicants who don't fully understand the work permit system. Even UK employers don't know or understand how it works.

But Home office spends very little effort to make the system works for all. But knows how to blame it later.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:07 pm

Well, all the "silly comments" were made after reading your first post on this forum and similar posts from you, like this one

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#45478

raj4uk
Newly Registered

Need your views

Post by raj4uk » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:37 am

Hello Olisun,
My Employer had filed for Work Permit extension on 12th June 2006(My current leaves expires on 3rd July 2006), but since my employer changed the company address it has been delayed and I am not sure when it will come through, Since I need to travel after 2-3 weeks and can not wait until then, so I am thinking to change the employer who can make the fresh application for my WP and asking the current employer to withdraw my application. If I do so, would there be any problem in getting the FLR(IED) stamp on my Passport and eventually in getting ILR later . Please share your viewes.

Cheers
Raj