ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizen applying for spouse visa and proof of income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tom_hungston

british citizen applying for spouse visa and proof of income

Post by tom_hungston » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a british citizen and recently got married and now we need to apply for my Wife's spouse visa. I use to work in a well known IT company for six years untill March 2011 and since April 2011 I have started my own business.

My business have generated more money for me than my previous job but as its not financial year end there is no evidence that how much dividend / salary I'll be taking. I have bank statements from to show how much money there is in the business bank account and in my personal account both have at least 10k+ balance available to withdraw.

So my questions are as below.

1 - Would I need to provide any other documents which are not in the list below...?
- VAT registration certificate
- Busines registration certificate from companies house
- Last six month's business bank statements
- Lst six month's personal bank statements
- Last six year's P60's from my previous job
- Last six month's pay slip from my previous job

2 - How do I prove how much money I will be paying to myself as a dividend, salary, etc.

3 - I have been registered as living with a friend's family home for over five years as my bank statement and everything related to my work, business, personal post, etc goes to that address but in reality I live with my family but still all my post and my legal residence is my friend's family home. so to prove that I can accomodate her, do I need to ask my friend's parents to write me a letter to confirm that they are happy to accomodate my wife and they don't have any objection. Also do I need to ask them to supply me their utility bill, telephone bill from BT, water bill, gas bill, council tax bill letter, etc...?

4 - Do I need to sign the sponsorship letter in front of Solicitor or do I have to noterised by solicitor or someone else...?

5 - Below is draft copy of the sponsor letter from me, could you guys please have a look and suggest any useful amendments that will help speed up the process.
==========================================================
9th January, 2012
BRITISH EMBASSY

Subject: Sponsor Letter for my wife

Dear Sir;

I HUSBAND NAME, Currently working as Director on a permanent position of COMPANY NAME, since MONTH YEAR.

I got married with the applicant WIFE NAME on DATE and I would like to sponsor my wife WIFE NAME of passport number NUMBER as my Spouse to the United Kingdom.

I currently live at HUSBAND'S ADDRESS, and my wife WIFE NAME will also reside with me after entering in the United Kingdom.

I declare that I take the complete responsibility to support my wife financially and morally, during her travel and stay in United Kingdom. I also take the responsibility to provide her accommodation and fulfill all of her expenses which includes travel, Subsistence, Leisure and any other circumstantial needs.

I assure you that I have enough space available to accomodate her and have enough funds available in my bank account to support her during her stay in UK.

Your assistance in processing a visa for her will be greatly appreciated. A complete list of attached documents is on the next page of application.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on +44-123456789 at any time or by email email@email.com

Thank you for your time in advance.

Kind Regards

HUSBAND NAME
POSITION
COMPANY NAME Ltd
COMPANY ADDRESS OR HOME ADDRESS
Mobile: +44 123 456 789
Email: YOURNAME@YOUREMAIL.COM

=========================================================

Many thanks in advance guys, Your help is always appreciated.