ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays faxed statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theroyale

Barclays faxed statements

Post by theroyale » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:01 pm

After much haggling with Barclays telephone banking they sent me faxed copies of missing statements. The fax is in black and white, and looks printed/copied, but contains the Barclays logo as well as my a/c no and name etc. Does anyone have experience with submitting these statements?

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:06 am

Anyone? Would the faxes be considered copy statements and need a stamp?

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 pm

I got my Tier 1 Extn approved this month..I used Fax statement for 2 out of 12 months of qualifying period.. Out of those 2 months (1 was sent by the call center and second was issued at the BARCLAYS branch)
At the last moment I realised that one of the statement was missing and I approached the branch as I didnt hv enough time to wait for the statement sent through the call center (which takes 4-5 days).. To my shocker the Barclays brach officer told me they have access to the statements only for past 3 months and other statments can be ordered via call center. I had a big argument with the 2 of the branch officers and then with one manager.. As i was not willing to listen to them and when I asked them to give in writing, they called up few numbers and later they said they will get statments faxed to their branch through some department who have access to past 50 yrs bank stamements !

Finally I got those statments stamped and signed by the branch.. Also got a covering letter from them.. Good news is my application was sucessful :)

Since you have the bank staments sent by call center, they should have already provided you covering letter? Drop in to their branch and get statements stamped and signed..this should help.. Let us know the outcome..

Regards,
Gem

theroyale wrote:Anyone? Would the faxes be considered copy statements and need a stamp?
Last edited by dilip_gem on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Thanks for your reply. After a little bit of repeating myself and my requirements they signed and stamped the faxed statements today. I don't have a covering letter to go with this though.

dilip_gem, can you confirm if they actually looked at/asked for the covering letter? (I am assuming your extension was made in person, obviously if posted there is no way of knowing which documents they used)

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Mine was a postal application..However, before I prepared my application I was following this forum and some1 has mentioned to attach a covering letter..It is nice to have as I assume that the faxed statments do not have bank logo on them.. I don't think bank will have any porblem issuing you the cover letter. If they dont agree try another branch.. What I've understood about Barclays/Natwest banks is that many of their officers are very less informed about bank's operations/policies and you can get your work done if u meet right officer !
theroyale wrote:Thanks for your reply. After a little bit of repeating myself and my requirements they signed and stamped the faxed statements today. I don't have a covering letter to go with this though.

dilip_gem, can you confirm if they actually looked at/asked for the covering letter? (I am assuming your extension was made in person, obviously if posted there is no way of knowing which documents they used)

dilip_gem

Post by dilip_gem » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:17 pm

oops just noticed that you mentioned your statements have logo on them ! This is strange as the staments sent to me by the call center was on a plain paper (along with a covering letter).. As it was historic statement it was more of a transactions listing and not statement.. Looks like they have changed the way they send duplicate statement !!
dilip_gem wrote:Mine was a postal application..However, before I prepared my application I was following this forum and some1 has mentioned to attach a covering letter..It is nice to have as I assume that the faxed statments do not have bank logo on them.. I don't think bank will have any porblem issuing you the cover letter. If they dont agree try another branch.. What I've understood about Barclays/Natwest banks is that many of their officers are very less informed about bank's operations/policies and you can get your work done if u meet right officer !
theroyale wrote:Thanks for your reply. After a little bit of repeating myself and my requirements they signed and stamped the faxed statements today. I don't have a covering letter to go with this though.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:18 pm

oops just noticed that you mentioned your statements have logo on them ! This is strange as the staments sent to me by the call center was on a plain paper (along with a covering letter).. As it was historic statement it was more of a transactions listing and not statement.. Looks like they have changed the way they send duplicate statement !!
Call centre statements are still on plain paper. The logo-d ones I got faxed were after escalating it at the call centre to a customer service manager.

greentea123
Newly Registered

statement

Post by greentea123 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:02 pm

So call centre statements (plain A4 paper, no logo) are fine as long as they’re stamped and signed? I have the same issue!

usman81

Re: statement

Post by usman81 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:11 pm

greentea123 wrote:So call centre statements (plain A4 paper, no logo) are fine as long as they’re stamped and signed? I have the same issue!
Not entirely sure, it may also depend what category you are applying for ie Tier1 (G) policy guidance says :

"Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead/stationery are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide either:"

Statement "All requirements Listed Above", if you read on same page it says about financial inst.. logo!!!! Then above passage also asks about letter head!!!!

Did you get a covering letter on letterhead from bank with statement?

greentea123
Newly Registered

Post by greentea123 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Yes I got a cover letter with my statements

usman81

Post by usman81 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:38 pm

greentea123 wrote:Yes I got a cover letter with my statements
I have personally used electronic statements, for missing weeks, in the past with logo and all other details plus stamped and signed by bank. And did not have any issues.

Now i am not sure about adhoc statements if each page should have logo or just cover letter with logo be enough.

If you can wait for original statements then i would suggest to do so, otherwise please seek further advice on this forum.

wish you good luck.