ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa from Dutch but going to Canarian

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asiko
Newly Registered

Schengen visa from Dutch but going to Canarian

Post by asiko » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi, I have received a holiday in Canarian island from hubby as Christmas surprise and now it is a pain to get a visa. I hold IRL as a spouse of the UK nationality and live in England as well so really I should request schengen visa from Spain consulat.But I absolutely has no time to take from work to travek to Manchester to apply in person and plus collect all these documents which Spanish are requered so Iknow that not right thing but I want to get Dutch Schengen instead which consulate is in my city and very nice and easy to get -they just need mine and husband's passport+marriage sertifcate. My concern is will Canarian allow me to enter?Do they have a right to dont let me in?Obviously I am going to say that I will be travelling to Netherland just after the trip to Tenerife.
Thanks everybody who may help.

dasjoker

Re: Schengen visa from Dutch but going to Canarian

Post by dasjoker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 am

asiko wrote:Hi, I have received a holiday in Canarian island from hubby as Christmas surprise and now it is a pain to get a visa. I hold IRL as a spouse of the UK nationality and live in England as well so really I should request schengen visa from Spain consulat.But I absolutely has no time to take from work to travek to Manchester to apply in person and plus collect all these documents which Spanish are requered so Iknow that not right thing but I want to get Dutch Schengen instead which consulate is in my city and very nice and easy to get -they just need mine and husband's passport+marriage sertifcate. My concern is will Canarian allow me to enter?Do they have a right to dont let me in?Obviously I am going to say that I will be travelling to Netherland just after the trip to Tenerife.
Thanks everybody who may help.
It's also same documents you need for Spain because you are spouse of EEA country actually you can even travel without visa if you travel with husband.

You can get visa from Dutch's but if you are not going there. There is no point to get from Dutch because for your second Schengen visa they would ask you a lot of question "why you didn't go" etc.etc. + they might refuse your visa application.

asiko
Newly Registered

Re: Schengen visa from Dutch but going to Canarian

Post by asiko » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:59 am

[quote="dasjoker] It's also same documents you need for Spain because you are spouse of EEA country actually you can even travel without visa if you travel with husband.

You can get visa from Dutch's but if you are not going there. There is no point to get from Dutch because for your second Schengen visa they would ask you a lot of question "why you didn't go" etc.etc. + they might refuse your visa application.[/quote]

I wish! on Spanish visa section website states that only person who classes as a spouse of EEA -the one with UK residence permit card which states clearly that a holder a spouse of EEA national:
http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/L ... vices.aspx

Otherwise they want everything:bank statements, hotel and flight booking and letter from job!
I dont care about next Schengen cos I am applying for naturalisation in 2 weeks via checking service. My only concern the if the canarian will let me in with Dutch visa considering I will say I am going to Netherlands after this trip.