ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr form queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

ilr form queries

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 visa (earlier HSMP) due for ilr in feb 2012. (Initial hsmp Feb 2008 , tier 1 in FEb 2009 now due for ilr in feb 2012)

I have a few doubts while filling the form:

1. Question 1.9 (Page 5) : My Tier 1 visa was issue on my old passport. Now i have renewed my passport and ahve a new one (i carry both). on Page 5 question 1.9 it askes for passport number- is it new or old one ?

2. Question 1.10 (Page 5) : Home office refe - will this be initial HSMP ref or Tier 1 ref number ?

3. Question 6.2 (Page 9) : Reason for Absece - should i just put personal or Holliday ? (all less than 180 days and travelled for personal reasons)

4. Question 6.3 (Page 10) : When did you last enter the UK : - is this Tier 1 visa date or the last time i entered the country after holliday ?

5. Question 7.1 (Page 11) : Driving offence : I once accidently drove into a bus land and got 60 pounds penality that i paid off immidiately - should i mention this (is this a offence as i did not go to court ?)

6. Question A4 (Page 14) : Earnings Table - I worked for 2 employers - sho should i spilit the dates or should i just put Jan 2011 - Dec 2011 (thats my earnings period)

7. Question A6 (Page 15) : Should this box contain the total gross salary or the salary range (24000-27000) ?

8. Question B3 (Page 19) : I was awareded points for MAsters but this questions says " you can only claim points for Bachelors degree level qualification if you have previously been granted leave to enter or remain as Tier 1 (General) migrant under the rules in place before 31st March 2009 or after 5th April 2010 - I got my tier 1 in Feb 2009 - so will i not be awareded for Masters ?

9. Do i need employement letter from my previous emplyer (I have one from my current employer )

10. finally can you please send me the link to the correct Set(O) form as i know they keep changing.

Thanks for all the help

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:15 pm

anyone can you write your thoughs on the above post pls ? just need it urgently as i am filling out the form

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 am

guys pls can you share your thoughts. the following might be usefull to someone as well

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Here are my thoughts to your questions: (I am also HSMP+Tier-1 due for ILR in Apr 2012).

1. Your new passport number
2. I will put HSMP ref number as I don’t think so I got any ref for Tier-1
3. Holiday
4. It’s the date when you entered after your last holiday (you have already provided your first date of entry in 6.1)
5. If the court was not involved, it’s not a criminal conviction and you don’t need to mention.
6. In A4 you need to mention first job in first line and 2nd job in second line. Also in A5 you will again mention the detail of both employments in separate boxes.
7. Total gross income from both jobs. This is the income you are claiming for last 12 out of 15 months.
8. This doesn’t apply to you. This is only for the people who claimed points for Bachelors degree in their last application.
9. I don’t think so you need employment letter from previous job. I am not getting for my previous employment. People who are or have been on Work Permit are generally required to have the letters from all employments. If you can easily get, it would be nice and it wont do any harm (but it’s not a requirement for you).
10. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ement/seto
But the link remains the same when they change the form, so it is advisable to check the home office website frequently and especially a day or two before your appointment (if you are going for same day service). Even if you are sending your application by post, make sure you send the latest form.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:28 pm

linkers, thanks very much :)