ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time taken for EC in chennai or India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maar

Time taken for EC in chennai or India

Post by maar » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:06 am

Hi,

I got to travel back to india from london for EC stamping, can any one please let me know how many days it takes to get the EC in chennai or any other place in india so that I can plan my return accordingly.

Thanks
Maar

sijy
Newly Registered

time taken in india for EC

Post by sijy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:52 am

hi,
maar

First when you apply for EC Embassy will give you answer with in 2 days. But now a days for hsmp Ec they are calling for interview. It depends if they give you visa with out interview. because now a days out of 100 applicant hardly 5 applicant are getting visa without interview rest have to give interview. When you send you application for EC WITH IN 2 days embassy will give the status that you haven been called for interview or they have taken decision and send you passport back. if they will call you for interview you have to take interview date from VFS VISA FACILATING SERVICE CENTER. interview date wil also depend upon different embassy waiting list. but normally within 15 days time we get interview date.

so you have to plan your programme accordingly. at least 20 to 25 days.

maar

Post by maar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:40 pm

Hi Sijy

Thanks for your help

rkc

Post by rkc » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:44 pm

Is it needed to show the flight booking also at the time of EC?

regards

sijy
Newly Registered

rkc

Post by sijy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:54 am

hi rkc

Its up to us if we want to show then its good other wise there is not a compelasry to book flight ticket while appling for EC.

acothread
Newly Registered

Re: EC from Chennai

Post by acothread » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:22 pm

I recently got my EC approved from Chennai and I am not aware that the majority of people end up with an interview. On the day that I went there was no one called for an interview. Maybe everyone`s experience is different.

Aside from that they also asked for my 10th and 12th standard certificate for processing my visa. Take everything that you sent for your HSMP to be on the safe side.

Acothread

centennial

Re: Time taken for EC in chennai or India

Post by centennial » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:57 pm

maar based on my experience i guess you wont need to appear for any interview coz you already been to UK.

maar wrote:Hi,

I got to travel back to india from london for EC stamping, can any one please let me know how many days it takes to get the EC in chennai or any other place in india so that I can plan my return accordingly.

Thanks
Maar

maar

Post by maar » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:15 pm

ah ok, thanks for the information.

rkc

Post by rkc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:29 pm

Having travelled to Germany on business my passport has Schengen visa.Is that also grounds for not needing to appear for interview?

regards

moron
Newly Registered

Post by moron » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:47 pm

Maar...!

Could you tell me ...is it an in country HSMP approval that you are returning in India to take Entry Clearance for ? Is this possible as the letter advises you to get an FLRIED ...

I have reasons compelling me to make an incountry application but take an entry clearance from India.. is it possible..?