ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 (general, switching from PSW to Tier2 )COS Certificate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rka9b
India

Tier2 (general, switching from PSW to Tier2 )COS Certificate

Post by rka9b » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi,
My employer today applied COS.We got COS reference number.
If fill the reference number in my application is that sufficient or do i need to show it documents.

In summary sheet, what should i fill for appropriate salary and maintenance funds
In maintenance funds, can i put down PSW to Tier-2?

Thank you

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:12 pm

get hold of the copy of certificate from your sponsor.

that copy WILL contain other details along with your COS number. you will need that.

also make sure your salary etc satisfies the job code as mentioned on your COS

rka9b
India

Post by rka9b » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Thank you for replying to my post .
You mean print out of the screen where it shows the reference number.

My job tile is graduate design eningeer.
As per the job code my hourly rate is 14.40
my salary is 28200 per year, it that ok ?

My visa runs out on 26/01/2012. and my employer put down my staring date on 23/01/2012. bit confused with this COS.

Thank you

tckraju
United Kingdom

Post by tckraju » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:51 am

This salary woule be okie for 37.5 working hours. It will not be enough for a 40 hour working per week. Remember to be careful when your employer does the COS.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:53 am

print screen of the summary of your COS which should ALSO include your certificate number along with all the details required by UKBA. check those details to ensure that the SOC code etc and job title is alright.

To the best of my knowledge... COS start date is pretty trivial date in a sense it is only used to determine whether your application date is before 3 months or not. They will issue you visa from the date they approve your visa to the end date in COS.

By the way, would you be kind enough to tell us which company you work for.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm

For resident market labour test in COS Application, my employer put down as Tier-2 ( Post -study work) instead of tier-1 post study work.
does it create a problem, please let me know.

Thank you
I am going to assume you are switching from PSW to tier 2. AND, you are claiming that you by pass labour test because you have been working for 6 months for the same employer.

If that is the case, it appears to be a "typo" by your employer. Your employer can add sponsor's notes in your COS (on sponsorship management system). Just ask them to clarify this and it will be ok.

You also may want to clarify in your application via covering letter that there was a typo on your COS. I doubt that they will refuse you on that basis alone.

rka9b
India

Post by rka9b » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi Arsenal49

Thank you for replying to my post. I am switching PSW to Tier-2 Visa.
Still i didn't apply , so i will request my employer to add notes to my COS in sponsorship management and i will take print out of that and letter from employer. is that ok or my employer should seek advice from UKBA ?

Thank you

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:12 pm

they can talk to ukba about this as well...

once it is mentioned on the COS...you actually dont need to produce the document anywhere as caseworker will find your details via certificate number. which would include sponsor's note as well.

but i think its best to clarify the situation anyway via covering letter (from applicant)