ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension: Advice needed on PEO process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghu0307

Tier 1 General Extension: Advice needed on PEO process

Post by raghu0307 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi,

My Tier 1 visa expires on 16th March 2012 and I will be applying for extension first week of March. My application should be straight forward as I have all the required documents and supporting evidences. I have 2 dependants, my wife and daughter (born here). I wish to apply for all of us together.

My question is to do with one of the previous threads in this forum which spoke about the Croydon PEO process where the applicant was asked to wait for the decision due to a pending security check.
See here for details on that thread if required.

I would like to know:

1) What does the security check relate to?

2) What are the various circumstances due to which a decision may not be taken on the same day in a personal appointment? - (I know a couple like 'large volume of applicants' and the one above but would like more clarity)

3)Also can some one please brief the pros and cons of applying in person and by post

Thanks in advance.
Raghu