ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal immigrant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maralain5
Newly Registered

Illegal immigrant

Post by maralain5 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:51 pm

hi everyone,
if someone can help me I'd appreciate. I'm an overstayer willing to gain a legal status. it has been more than six months that I enter UK on a visitor visa, the visa expired since may 2006, I even got a small job as a cleaner.after my first month,I got paid by check and unsuccessfully managed to open a bank account(my passport was a forged one!), so I got caught by the police and I'm now on a police bail. I should mention that I ran into this complicated situation by ignorance,if I knew I should not have done this. now I would like to enter a legal status even it requires me to go back to my home country. I appreciated so much the lifestyle in UK and the english's mind that I will do my best to stay in the country, but legally.
thanks for any advice, I am really desperate by my situation.

Rogerio

Re: Illegal immigrant

Post by Rogerio » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:38 pm

maralain5 wrote:(my passport was a forged one!)
maralain5 wrote:I ran into this complicated situation by ignorance
These two sentences don't add up. Using a forged passport is a serious crime - and I very much doubt you thought what you were doing was ok.

Not sure what your circumstances are/were, but I dont think you had any justification for using such methods to stay & open a bank account.

On a more positive note, I suggest you try applying for HSMP (if you're qualified), but to do that you have to be out of the UK, or try to get an employer to sponsor you.. I suppose the police record will stain your future though.

There are countless posts here on HSMP, as well as employer sponsored work permits. Search a bit on here and you will be swimming in information in no time.

Don't even dream of digging a deeper hole for yourself than what you have already done. This will follow your records for many years to come.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:05 pm

maralain5,

In summary you are:

1. An illegal entrant by way of presenting false documentation.

2. An overstayer by way of remaining beyond the validity of your visa.

3. Further in breach of the immigration laws by working whilst a visitor.

4. Inolved by way of fraud in criminal proceedings.

IMHO you are going to be removed as a minimum and deported at worst under para 320 of the immigration rules that your presence is not condusive to the public good. Further IMHO you are unlikely to ever be granted a UK visa after departure for at least 5 years unless in the category of dependent of a settled spouse or EU national and even then on the most compelling of compassionate circumstances again on the basis of para 320. Such would be only be made worse if you are given any form of custodial sentence. Your criminal case needs resolution before you can even think of a return to the UK.

Justice1
Newly Registered

To Maralain5

Post by Justice1 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:08 am

Dear Maralain5

I am sympathetic with your circumstances.

I highly recommend that you seek legal advice as soon as possible.

wr is a very experienced and professsional immigration lawyer (a solicitor) with high integrity. He may be able to help you. Please do contact him on stephen.kong@harveysf.co.uk

Thanks.

Justice1

TintinHerge

Re: To Maralain5

Post by TintinHerge » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:07 pm

Justice1 wrote:Dear Maralain5

Thanks.

Justice1
Why would anyone be sympathetic to people who break laws time and again and give all other immigrants a bad name ??

L_E_O

Post by L_E_O » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:34 pm

TintinHerge wrote:
Justice1 wrote:Dear Maralain5

Thanks.

Justice1
Why would anyone be sympathetic to people who break laws time and again and give all other immigrants a bad name ??
Seconded. Anyway, I doubt a solicitor could be of any assistance in this situation.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:21 pm

TintinHerge wrote: Why would anyone be sympathetic to people who break laws time and again and give all other immigrants a bad name ??
Agreed.

Rogerio.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:39 pm

He admits that his passport was forged. Where did he say that he knew it was forged when he acquired and used it? Was it his fault he overstayed? Do you know it for a fact?

It may even be the case that he was aware it was forged. In many countries it is quite acceptable to use forged documents on a regular basis. In some countries you can only ever get a driving licence by paying a bribe (not taking a driving test). In other countries lying on official documents is par for the course when dealing with government departments - you HAVE to. No, you don't need to go to the third world. Most people buying properties in Spain are told by their lawyers to lie about the value to minimise the tax payable, and most do. People with little experience of how the UK works may not appreciate that those are major crimes here.

But UK law is UK law and breaking it should make you accountable to UK courts. Let the courts do the judging, let's not judge others by our own limited (and parochial) experiences. Particularly if they are unable to explain themselves lucidly in English.

Don't encourage someone to do something illegal, sure, but if he admits it and asks for your help isn't the kindest response to adivse him to come clean and wish him all the best in achieving what he hopes to achieve? When he goes further and offers to leave the UK, go back to his home country and do whatever it takes to stay on the right side of the law shouldn't you all be joining together in a chorus to cheer him on?

Or do we just bash to get the warm glow of feeling whiter than white?

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:59 pm

OL7MAX wrote:In many countries it is quite acceptable to use forged documents on a regular basis. In some countries you can only ever get a driving licence by paying a bribe (not taking a driving test).
With all due respect OL7max, are you trying to justify a wrong with another one?

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:04 pm

I think you'll find that my position is that anyone breaking UK laws needs to be dealt with by UK courts and face the consequences.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:25 am

HO itself broke laws - 5-yr ILR rule. Isn't that illegal itself?

I find that always legal immigrants are at a loss. Where as refugees & asylum seekers [even some criminals] are granted ILR.

It's the HO who is bigger culprit.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:39 pm

rg1 wrote:legal immigrants are at a loss
"Legal", correct.

adindas

Post by adindas » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:38 pm

Remember if you provide information it means you encourage people to do illegal thing. Other people in this forum who want to follow the same route could learn from the advise you give. If tt is lawful advise it is fine but how about the illegal advise, other people might learn from it.

This people only give bad name to honest and genuine people.

All we could advise is to ask the person to look for a Professional legal advise.

Adindas

OL7MAX wrote:He admits that his passport was forged. Where did he say that he knew it was forged when he acquired and used it? Was it his fault he overstayed? Do you know it for a fact?

It may even be the case that he was aware it was forged. In many countries it is quite acceptable to use forged documents on a regular basis. In some countries you can only ever get a driving licence by paying a bribe (not taking a driving test). In other countries lying on official documents is par for the course when dealing with government departments - you HAVE to. No, you don't need to go to the third world. Most people buying properties in Spain are told by their lawyers to lie about the value to minimise the tax payable, and most do. People with little experience of how the UK works may not appreciate that those are major crimes here.

But UK law is UK law and breaking it should make you accountable to UK courts. Let the courts do the judging, let's not judge others by our own limited (and parochial) experiences. Particularly if they are unable to explain themselves lucidly in English.

Don't encourage someone to do something illegal, sure, but if he admits it and asks for your help isn't the kindest response to adivse him to come clean and wish him all the best in achieving what he hopes to achieve? When he goes further and offers to leave the UK, go back to his home country and do whatever it takes to stay on the right side of the law shouldn't you all be joining together in a chorus to cheer him on?

Or do we just bash to get the warm glow of feeling whiter than white?

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:33 pm

Ah, you must have missed this bit:
Don't encourage someone to do something illegal, sure, but if he admits it and asks for your help isn't the kindest response to adivse him to come clean and wish him all the best in achieving what he hopes to achieve?
But feel free to insult, point a finger, gloat, or otherwise demonstrate your superiority over that pond scum who, unlike you, has made mistakes in his life.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:55 pm

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit....

No need to be sarcastic - this is a point of view, and (IMHO) should be respected, even if you dont agree with it.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:05 pm

What can I say? Yes, I use the lowest form of wit. Hey, I'm the lowest form of life. And I can't climb to the lofty positions that some of you enjoy because once people get there the first thing they do is pull up the ladder.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:14 pm

not always, my fellow poster. Some people spend a lot of time here, trying to help others, even if it not always looks that way to you. Anyway, I guess we have already overextended this topic. :roll:

adindas

Post by adindas » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:00 pm

Agree with Rogerio
We need to difrentiate between helping genuine, honest immigrant/asylum seeker and helping criminals.
Kayalami have pointed 4 crimininal offences e.g.

1. An illegal entrant by way of presenting false documentation.
2. An overstayer by way of remaining beyond the validity of visa.
3. Further in breach of the immigration laws by working whilst a visitor.
4. Inolved by way of fraud in criminal proceedings.

One needs to emphasize, falsify passport and fraud are serious crimes.

If you think helping criminal is fine that is your opinion but do also respect other people opinions without accusing people "to pull up the ladder" once they are there.

Adindas
HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICE

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:37 pm

There is a difference between helping someone commit a crime and assisting a known "criminal" who wants to come clean and go straight whatever the (immigration) cost. The irony is that a refusal to help in this case could contribute to the perpetuation of that very criminal activity which you so correctly abhor.

But, oh well...

david_blaine4u
Newly Registered

Post by david_blaine4u » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:56 pm

this is my first ever post in the forum & i am really impressed with OL7MAX's posts. i feel the guy deserves a pat on the back.

people..... when a person is coming up with a problem in the forum, one must be helpful & kind and should provide a SOLUTION instead of criticisim, or else no one would use the forums.

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:40 pm

david_blaine4u wrote: people..... when a person is coming up with a problem in the forum, one must be helpful & kind and should provide a SOLUTION instead of criticisim, or else no one would use the forums.
Absolutely agree with BOTH HANDS!
However, regrettfully many people see the forum as the way of "showing off" their wisdom and superiority over the others who merely seek friendly advice and are in difficult situation. Jeering off like this is extremely upsetting to many new members but this is the stigma of any forum.
I have no idea WHY it is happening. Lets suggest new rules to the Moderators and the Administrator?!