ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 8 Details of Grand Parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunoo
United Kingdom

Section 8 Details of Grand Parents

Post by sunoo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 am

Hi All,

I have been told that I have to fill in my grand parents details from both my mother and father side including thier date of marriage etc. There is not enough space to put all this information in section 8. Do I have to attach a separate sheet to do this. My father side grand parents passed away long time ago and I dont have any detail about thier births and marriage. From mother side my grand mother passaway and grand dad is fine but he doesn't know himself when they got married etc as he is too old.

I have no idea where to put all this information.

Any explanation or advise will be appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am

You don't need to fill in those details if you are received your BC through naturalisation. If you use Post Office C&S, they might insist on filling it in. Just add another piece of paper. If you don't know the details, just write unknown. If you do write dates, make a copy of them as you might be asked on them during the identity interview.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Jambo wrote:You don't need to fill in those details if you are received your BC through naturalisation. If you use Post Office C&S, they might insist on filling it in. Just add another piece of paper. If you don't know the details, just write unknown. If you do write dates, make a copy of them as you might be asked on them during the identity interview.
Many thanks for the response Jambo :-)

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Last edited by TahirMahmood on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Re: Section 8 Details of Grand Parents

Post by TahirMahmood » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:47 pm

sunoo wrote:Hi All,

I have been told that I have to fill in my grand parents details from both my mother and father side including thier date of marriage etc. There is not enough space to put all this information in section 8. Do I have to attach a separate sheet to do this. My father side grand parents passed away long time ago and I dont have any detail about thier births and marriage. From mother side my grand mother passaway and grand dad is fine but he doesn't know himself when they got married etc as he is too old.

I did not put any other details except of my parents on passport application. I left that section blank. I got citizenship through 6 years stay on HSMP and ILR. Application accepted and interview on 19th Jan.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:55 am

TahirMahmood wrote:
sunoo wrote:Hi All,

I did not put any other details except of my parents on passport application. I left that section blank. I got citizenship through 6 years stay on HSMP and ILR. Application accepted and interview on 19th Jan.
Salam Tahir Brother and thank you for your clarification. I hope they will not raise an issue on that. My case is pretty much similar to you. Came to UK as student, completed BSc from Sunderland Uni and MSc from Hertfordshire Uni, Got my HSMP and then ILR and working fulltime as an Oracle DBA. I would appreciate if you can PM me or let me know the outcomes of your interview on 19th if they raise an issue or ask you about your grand parents?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:28 am

sunoo wrote: I would appreciate if you can PM me or let me know the outcomes of your interview on 19th if they raise an issue or ask you about your grand parents?
The interview is not a test you need to pass. It's an identity check to make sure you are the person who the application is for. If you don't provide details on your grandparents in the form, they would not ask you about them as they would not know the details.

sunoo
United Kingdom

Post by sunoo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Jambo wrote:
sunoo wrote: I would appreciate if you can PM me or let me know the outcomes of your interview on 19th if they raise an issue or ask you about your grand parents?
The interview is not a test you need to pass. It's an identity check to make sure you are the person who the application is for. If you don't provide details on your grandparents in the form, they would not ask you about them as they would not know the details.
Thanks Jambo. I have attached a covering letter with application just in case. I don't wanted to take any risk as I have to travel next month!