ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Work permit application Biotmetics required??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaztait
Newly Registered

ILR Work permit application Biotmetics required??

Post by shaztait » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 am

I just wanted to double check whether Biometrics were required for Work Permit holders?

and random question - does anyone know if there is ample parking near in Croydon office?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:33 am

not at the moment but ukba is introducing biometrics after 29th of Feb 2012 for all ILR applications. There is an NCP car park not far from Croydon office.

shaztait
Newly Registered

Post by shaztait » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:47 am

thats great thank you so much for your reply! My appointment is on 22nd Feb so relieved to know i wont need one but do you think it is better to have it?

Thanks for info re car park

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:57 am

I think it would be nice to have ILR on a credit card size card which you can carry with you. Also you need to carry 2 passports if your old passport with ILR sticker expires.

And lastly people don’t need to get their ILR vignette transferred to their new passports if they don’t want to carry their old passports.

shaztait
Newly Registered

Post by shaztait » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:21 pm

that is a very valid point! although i think i would need to travel on two passports anyway as my ILR would be applied for in my maiden name and my new passport (still awaiting) is in my married name.

shaztait
Newly Registered

Post by shaztait » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:26 pm

just looking into this and they say the following

You need to bring your bar coded biometric invitation letter from UK Border Agency with you to the Post Office

how would you go about getting an invitation?

ANOTHER THING!!

i made my appointment using selection SET0 should i have used FLD(IED)??
im a work permit holder using forms SET0 does it matter?

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:39 pm

shaztait wrote:just looking into this and they say the following

You need to bring your bar coded biometric invitation letter from UK Border Agency with you to the Post Office

how would you go about getting an invitation?

ANOTHER THING!!

i made my appointment using selection SET0 should i have used FLD(IED)??
im a work permit holder using forms SET0 does it matter?
You only use SET(O) form for ILR. Thereis no requirement for a Bar code invitation if you are using SET(O) for booking.