ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Solihull - 5yr WP + over 18 yr daughter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ceyes
Newly Registered

ILR Success Solihull - 5yr WP + over 18 yr daughter

Post by ceyes » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:52 pm

I got my ILR on Thursday 12/01/2012. Thank you all, moderators, senior members and especially all the members who have posted different questions and problems thereby helping me to find many of the answers to my questions.

Ok.. my case was straight forward except for 2 things given below.

1. My 5 year WP Visa was valid from 01/02/2007 to 01/02/2012 and I had entered UK on 26/02/2007. This left me a window of 3 days (30/01 to 01/02) for applying.

2. My daugther came to UK with me when she was 15yrs old. The problem was that She had to go to India after here A levels for her University. She wanted to do Engineering and I could not afford the international fees in UK.

Now my worries...

1. Based on the latest guidelines, I wanted to apply within 28 days from my visa expiry date rather than my entry anniversery but there were mixed responses regarding this in the forum. The fact that no cases were refused for this reason gave me the confidence to go ahead with the PEO appointment on 12/01/2012.

2. I was told through this forum that my daughter's case is risky as I may not be able to prove (or convince the caseworker) that she is dependent upon me as she has been living in India for the best part of her >18yr life.

What happened on the D'day...

We had 2 appointments, one at 9.00am for myself and 2 dependents (wife+son) and another at 9.30am for my daughter. As usual we were allowed inside at 8.30am. security check ...Requested for my daughter to be allowed with me which was obliged and were give 2 tokens...

My number called at 8.45am... I asked about my daugter's application and the polite CW said it will be dealt by another CW after my case. she took my application + docs, checked through the system, checked few things and in 5 mins said I will be gratend ILR.
She offered to take on my daughters case.. took the documents + application. did not even look at the application, just skimmed through the documents and checked on the system went inside to confirm something.. came back, did the regular checks and said that she will be granted ILR.. She asked me to go to counter 6 and make the payment and comeback after 2 hrs to collect the PassPorts. Time was 9.00am. -- I paid -- collected PassPorts at 11am.

Now the documents... (I submitted minimum documents and had kept several other docs ready .. but were never asked)

First My case:
1. Photos with names written on the back. 2 each.
2. Employer letter ... similar to the one posted in the sticky notes.
2. LIUK pass letters (myself + wife)
3. Three months latest payslips (Oct, Nov & Dec).
4. Three matching Bank statements with the salary payments highlighted (should exactly match the payslip figures)
5. Passports - myself + dependents
6. Cohabitation documents - 2 council letters and 1 old bank statement addresed to my wife.

My daughter's case
1. Photos
2. A short covering letter written by my daughter explaining the reason for applying.
3. A letter from me saying that I support her application and that she is dependent upon me.
4. LIUK pass letter
5. Passport
6. University (college) admission letter.
7. College bonafide certificate (that she is a student doing here III BE)
(I think the last 2 documents were not necessary)

That's it friends. My advise - do not provide more than necessary - orgainise documents neatly - Keep other documents ready - and finally pray to God if you believe.

Yameen
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success Solihull - 5yr WP + over 18 yr daughter

Post by Yameen » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:12 pm

ceyes wrote:I got my ILR on Thursday 12/01/2012. Thank you all, moderators, senior members and especially all the members who have posted different questions and problems thereby helping me to find many of the answers to my questions.

Ok.. my case was straight forward except for 2 things given below.

1. My 5 year WP Visa was valid from 01/02/2007 to 01/02/2012 and I had entered UK on 26/02/2007. This left me a window of 3 days (30/01 to 01/02) for applying.

2. My daugther came to UK with me when she was 15yrs old. The problem was that She had to go to India after here A levels for her University. She wanted to do Engineering and I could not afford the international fees in UK.

Now my worries...

1. Based on the latest guidelines, I wanted to apply within 28 days from my visa expiry date rather than my entry anniversery but there were mixed responses regarding this in the forum. The fact that no cases were refused for this reason gave me the confidence to go ahead with the PEO appointment on 12/01/2012.

2. I was told through this forum that my daughter's case is risky as I may not be able to prove (or convince the caseworker) that she is dependent upon me as she has been living in India for the best part of her >18yr life.

What happened on the D'day...

We had 2 appointments, one at 9.00am for myself and 2 dependents (wife+son) and another at 9.30am for my daughter. As usual we were allowed inside at 8.30am. security check ...Requested for my daughter to be allowed with me which was obliged and were give 2 tokens...

My number called at 8.45am... I asked about my daugter's application and the polite CW said it will be dealt by another CW after my case. she took my application + docs, checked through the system, checked few things and in 5 mins said I will be gratend ILR.
She offered to take on my daughters case.. took the documents + application. did not even look at the application, just skimmed through the documents and checked on the system went inside to confirm something.. came back, did the regular checks and said that she will be granted ILR.. She asked me to go to counter 6 and make the payment and comeback after 2 hrs to collect the PassPorts. Time was 9.00am. -- I paid -- collected PassPorts at 11am.

Now the documents... (I submitted minimum documents and had kept several other docs ready .. but were never asked)

First My case:
1. Photos with names written on the back. 2 each.
2. Employer letter ... similar to the one posted in the sticky notes.
2. LIUK pass letters (myself + wife)
3. Three months latest payslips (Oct, Nov & Dec).
4. Three matching Bank statements with the salary payments highlighted (should exactly match the payslip figures)
5. Passports - myself + dependents
6. Cohabitation documents - 2 council letters and 1 old bank statement addresed to my wife.

My daughter's case
1. Photos
2. A short covering letter written by my daughter explaining the reason for applying.
3. A letter from me saying that I support her application and that she is dependent upon me.
4. LIUK pass letter
5. Passport
6. University (college) admission letter.
7. College bonafide certificate (that she is a student doing here III BE)
(I think the last 2 documents were not necessary)

That's it friends. My advise - do not provide more than necessary - orgainise documents neatly - Keep other documents ready - and finally pray to God if you believe.
Congratulations to you and your family.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 am

Congrats. I think since the law changed last year, the case workers can consider the entry clearance date if the gap between entry clearance and entry date is less than 90 days AND if the visa is expiring before the 5th anniversary of arrival date (which was in your case).

Someone else on this forum has also managed to get ILR and he was in a similar situation as you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... e8f120005c

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 am

Congratulations ceyes

That seemed pretty smooth and convenient for you ... you must be relieved of your worries now...

You and your family have a great time ... :)