ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling from Ireland to the UK - no stamp?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GrahamD85

Travelling from Ireland to the UK - no stamp?

Post by GrahamD85 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:55 am

Hi,

My girlfriend and I will be applying for ILR this year as we're currently on the FLR(M) visa as unmarried partners.

She went to Boston last week on a business trip and she switched flights in Dublin. The same happened on the way back and she mentioned today that her passport was stamped in Dublin but they didn't go through immigration in Manchester when she got back to the UK- they came out at baggage claim.

Seeing as her passport doesn't show entry to the UK, is this going to be a problem? I dont know how it could be avoided to be honest...

GrahamD85

Post by GrahamD85 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:58 am

I don't know if it helps to add that she is on another business trip to Amsterdam in 2 weeks that doesn't stop in Ireland, so her passport will be stamped when she gets there and comes back.

thewolfman21

SAR

Post by thewolfman21 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Not sure if this will help but please go thru:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/