ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent visa validity

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apoorv81
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent visa validity

Post by apoorv81 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi

I need to apply tier 1 dependent visa for my newborn. My current visa expires in September 2012. What I want to know is if I apply visa for my daughter now, what will be the expiry date on the her visa. Will it be 2 yrs from the date of application or will it be same as mine?

Due to some personal reasons I am inclined to apply for her visa before applying for my visa extension.

Should I wait and apply for her new visa with my visa extension application?

Feedback from people who have got their visa issued in this situation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

apoorv81
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Dependent visa validity

Post by apoorv81 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:00 am

apoorv81 wrote:Hi

I need to apply tier 1 dependent visa for my newborn. My current visa expires in September 2012. What I want to know is if I apply visa for my daughter now, what will be the expiry date on the her visa. Will it be 2 yrs from the date of application or will it be same as mine?

Due to some personal reasons I am inclined to apply for her visa before applying for my visa extension.

Should I wait and apply for her new visa with my visa extension application?

Feedback from people who have got their visa issued in this situation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Can somebody please answer?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:38 am

It will have the same expiry as your visa.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:47 pm

In case you are not travelling with your daughter outside UK before Sep 2012, you can always apply for her Visa when you apply for your own visa extension.

This would ensure that you don't have to pay twice for your daughter's visa.

In case you can afford the extra £550 apply for her visa before your's and then apply again for her visa when you apply for your extension as her visa will have the same expiry date as yours as she is your dependant.

apoorv81
Newly Registered

Post by apoorv81 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 am

mulderpf wrote:It will have the same expiry as your visa.
thanks for your reply.

apoorv81
Newly Registered

Post by apoorv81 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 am

QuickSam wrote:In case you are not travelling with your daughter outside UK before Sep 2012, you can always apply for her Visa when you apply for your own visa extension.

This would ensure that you don't have to pay twice for your daughter's visa.

In case you can afford the extra £550 apply for her visa before your's and then apply again for her visa when you apply for your extension as her visa will have the same expiry date as yours as she is your dependant.
thanks for your reply.