ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - General Migrant Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rickomuer
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - General Migrant Extension

Post by rickomuer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Hello All,

I am coming up for my extension in March 2013. I have received my visa on March 2010. I had a few questions regarding how to show my earnings and more importantly what points system will apply for me.

I am only guessing but need to confirm ; I'll need to apply for extension as per the system I came in through.

Out of curiosity , do i get the age points based on the age i came in? It sounds more logical to be awarded points based on my current age... I am not complaining if it is the former ;)

I have now started contracting and am working via a limited company. So what do I show as my earnings ? Since I'll be working with a complex pay structure of dividends and salary to pay myself. I am a one man company and I do not wish to be caught with my pants down at the last moment. In short ,
I have two bank accounts.
1) Company/Business bank account
2) Personal account.

My invoice to clients puts the money into my business bank account, while I pay myself a salary into my personal account. So during extensions which account details do i need to provide. This will decide on how or what i decide to pay myself.

On a note of another extension I might require, but I am not too sure on this. I got my visa in march 10 ; but i travelled in may 2010. I.e. two months after issuance. I vaguely recall being told that after my second extension , I will need to re-apply for another visa to get a indefinite leave to remain. Can some one clarify this one for me please.

Regards,
Rm

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi rickomuer,

I'm not able to answer all of your questions but can clarify the below -

1) When renewing, you claim points for your age at the time of your initial application (not current age)

2) I assume the rule you mention about travelling is from the SET(O) form, under section D "Continuous Residence Assessment":
D2. Please confirm whether you have been outside of the UK for any single absence over 3 months or one or more absences which amount to more than 6 month in total during the 5 year period.
In plain English: During the 5 year period preceding your ILR application you should not have been out of the UK for more than 180 days total (aka 6 months), and for no single period over 90 days (aka 3 months). Absences from the UK for work or "compassionate" circumstances (e.g. death of a relative) may be taken into consideration by the CW.

Hope that's (somewhat) helpful! (Please note I am not an expert by any means so please do not take my word as gospel!)