ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

prepaid special delivery envelopes

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrischris

prepaid special delivery envelopes

Post by chrischris » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:35 pm

hi all,

I just posted my application for an extension. i did not include a prepaid special delivery envelope in the package - because as far as i recall i sent my last extension was sent without one and i received my passport back by special delivery.

is there a new requirement to include a prepaid delivery envelope in the application pack? i just read some post where someone also forgot to include it.

thanks.

c.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 pm

This is just for your own peace of mind :) Not mandatory

harshil223
United Kingdom

Re: prepaid special delivery envelopes

Post by harshil223 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 pm

chrischris wrote:hi all,

I just posted my application for an extension. i did not include a prepaid special delivery envelope in the package - because as far as i recall i sent my last extension was sent without one and i received my passport back by special delivery.

is there a new requirement to include a prepaid delivery envelope in the application pack? i just read some post where someone also forgot to include it.

thanks.

c.
if it was a requirement, it would have been mentioned clearly in guidlines. i had done postal application twice, first to get HSMP and second time to get Tier1. I had sent special delivery envelopes both times but i got my passport back by normal delivery only. i know it's passport so we would be more careful but it is not guranteed that UKBA will use the same special delivery envelope which was sent along with application to return the passport.

chrischris

Post by chrischris » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:47 pm

thanks for your replies.

this is just stunning. after paying £1,000 one's passport is being sent back by normal mail. can they not charge the extra £20 or £30 to send the passports back by special delivery?

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:05 pm

well, i was not 100% correct when i said normal delivery, upon recalling i can say it was a signed for delivery. Though it was not the royal mail special delivery for sure.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:05 pm

and then you rely on royal mail to deliver it correctly. they delivered all my documents (passport, degree certificates, ...) to my next-door neighbour. luckily my neighbour was responsible and brought it over to my house that night - if he hadn't, i would have had no way of knowing where it had gone.

MB243

Post by MB243 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:10 pm

chrischris wrote:thanks for your replies.

this is just stunning. after paying £1,000 one's passport is being sent back by normal mail. can they not charge the extra £20 or £30 to send the passports back by special delivery?

they send the documents by recorded delivery.
if u send a SD envelope then u can track it everyday & know 1 day before it actually reaches you so you can get a bit more tensed about it for a day+night

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:10 pm

goldfish wrote:and then you rely on royal mail to deliver it correctly. they delivered all my documents (passport, degree certificates, ...) to my next-door neighbour. luckily my neighbour was responsible and brought it over to my house that night - if he hadn't, i would have had no way of knowing where it had gone.
the postie normally leaves a note that a letter/parcel is delivered to so and so neighbor if the actual recipient was not available to sign.

however we can be unlucky sometimes..