ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Vis Application - Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sebasam
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Vis Application - Questions

Post by Sebasam » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi,
Can anyone help me on the following to be in clear while applying Tier 1 General Visa extension.

1) What is the latest version of application forms for the following:
- Tier 1 General extension applying from inside UK
- Tier 1 General Depandant extension applying from inside UK ( Is the form same for child under 2 years?)

2) Is that possible to go and give the Biometric at POST OFFICE for the Tier 1 general main applicant along with his 2 dependants at the same
time all together? ( I have read in the guide doc saying only Single applicant can go to Post office in direct without appointment.)

3) Do I need to send all the Points claiming documents(the Qualification certificate,birth certificate, Degree taught in English certificate,
marriage certificate) while extending Tier 1 general visa as a proof? provided I have already showed all my docs while getting the Tier 1 general Visa for the first time.

4) Age points can be the same and we can think of the same age(of First Initial Tier 1 application) while claiming for the extension after few years?

Thanks,

Sebasam
Newly Registered

Post by Sebasam » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 am

Hi, Can anyone reply on this pls?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:28 am

Answers to your questions:

1) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

This form is same for all dependants irrespective of age. The only difference being that the main applicant has to sign on the infants application form.

2) Post Office only accepts Biometric details from applicants without dependants (currently) in case you have dependants, you have to book a PEO appointment.

3) For extension you necessarily don't need to provide all the documents that you provided for original Tier 1 application, but it doesn't hurt if you include them again as that could just serve as supporting documents for the points claimed.

Sebasam
Newly Registered

Post by Sebasam » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks a lot for your clear and detailed reply Sam.

Can you pls clarify on the following if you are able to help?

4) Age points can be the same and we can think of the same age(of First Initial Tier 1 application) while claiming for the extension after few years?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Points for age are always the same that you received at the time of first application.

The Tier 1 form clearly states :

"Please tick the relevant box to confirm the points claimed by the applicant on the basis of his/her age at the date of application for the first grant of leave in the category"

Sebasam
Newly Registered

Post by Sebasam » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Thank you so much. I got it now.

Cheers !!