ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Proof documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mithai420

Post by mithai420 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi Friends - Are the below documents enough as cohabitation proof :

1.) My Bank statement and wife's bank statement with same address
2.) Tenancy agreement
3.) My salary slip and wife's salary slip with same address

Do I require the doc for above point for last 2 years ?

2.) Do I need to provide each document for last 2 years example : My wife and my name appears on EDF gas and elec Bill for some months only - will this be helpful

Please advise

Thanks

mithai420

anyone please help

Post by mithai420 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 am

anyone please help.

chrisrich

Re: anyone please help

Post by chrisrich » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Under what category are you applying? please let us know so we can advise you accordingly.
God has made everything beautiful in its time

mithai420

Post by mithai420 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks dear friend.

I do currently hold Tier 1 General visa and will complete 5 yrs in June so planning to apply in June itself .

I have dependent's ie wife and son ( born at UK ) , wife is working too.

Please advise or let me know , if you need any further information.

Thanks

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:27 pm

mithai420 wrote:Thanks dear friend.

I do currently hold Tier 1 General visa and will complete 5 yrs in June so planning to apply in June itself .

Thanks
If you have any document such as Tenancy document in which both your names are there, then you can submit that as the proof of cohabitation. This should span for last 2 years.

If the tenancy document does not reflect both your names, you can submit yours and your wife's bank statements for last two years which should show the same address.

mithai420

Post by mithai420 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Thanks friend.

Do we have to provide minimum of 2 proof ?

If YES than I assume bank statements showing same address and tenency agreement shall be OK ? and infact my wife 's and mine salary slip have same address ..

What do you think ? will that work

Thanks,

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 pm

tknayak wrote:
mithai420 wrote:Thanks dear friend.

Thanks
If you have any document such as Tenancy document in which both your names are there, then you can submit that as the proof of cohabitation. This should span for last 2 years.

If the tenancy document does not reflect both your names, you can submit yours and your wife's bank statements for last two years which should show the same address.
As per rules you are supposed to submit proof of cohabitation from three different sources like utility bill, tenancy agreement, bank statement, credit card bills, medical cards, pay slips, and so on. List is exhaustive

mithai420

Post by mithai420 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Thank you very much.

In summary below documents should be ok :

1.) My bank statement and wife's bank statement with same address.
2.) My Salary slip and wife's salary slip with same address.
3.) Tenancy agreement.

What do you advise ?

Thanks

mubasher

Post by mubasher » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 pm

yep these docs are more than enough .gud luck

mithai420

Post by mithai420 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Thank your very much dear Friend .

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 pm

khalidmirza wrote: As per rules you are supposed to submit proof of cohabitation from three different sources like utility bill, tenancy agreement, bank statement, credit card bills, medical cards, pay slips, and so on. List is exhaustive
This is a requirement for SET(M) applicants and not for SET(O) applicants. Section 10A of the form does not explicitly ask to provide evidence from 3 different sources. You can submit evidence from one source only. This has to span across two years though.

mithai420

Post by mithai420 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Friends,

I have a queries if someone can help me on the same.

Planning to apply for ILR in June 2012. ( Tier 1 G currently)

1.) Regarding cohabitation proof - We need to provide that spouse have been at UK for any 2 year OR last 2 Year that is from time of applying.

My wife has salary slips for April 2009 - April 2010 and than from May 2011 and will have till May 2012 - Are these OK ? OR she need to have the same for continous period.

2.) How many documents are required for cohabitation proof ? Any 2 docs from diff source or 3 docs are required ?

3.) Whats the fees for Main applicant + 2 dependents ( spouse and child ) via premium service I assume thats face to face service.

4.) If I apply in Mid June than salary slips can be from March 2011 - Feb 2012 OR April 2011 - March 2012

Which is OK for 12 out of 15 months criteria .

Please help as I am planning to see whether I have required docs or not else at last moment it will be a problem.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:18 am

tknayak wrote:
khalidmirza wrote: As per rules you are supposed to submit proof of cohabitation from three different sources like utility bill, tenancy agreement, bank statement, credit card bills, medical cards, pay slips, and so on. List is exhaustive
This is a requirement for SET(M) applicants and not for SET(O) applicants. Section 10A of the form does not explicitly ask to provide evidence from 3 different sources. You can submit evidence from one source only. This has to span across two years though.
I 100 percent agree with you that it is requirement for Set(M) application form. Since Set(O) form does not explicitly define the type of documents, submitting these documents from one source is your personal interpretation and liable to be rejected. Therefore it is suggested to be on safe side instead of being sorry later. At least you can argue on the basis of Set(M) form requirements in case of objection.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:59 am

dear all,

what about WP holder and WP dependent also need to submit proof of cohabitation when going to apply ILR?

itsravi
Newly Registered

Post by itsravi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:59 am

Hi All,

I am currently on Tier1 visa, completing 5 years in March, planning to apply in March with my wife and son as dependant, but I don't have proof for cohabitant for whole 2 years. I changed address 8 months back, for this 8 months period, I have some proof which I can show, but don't have much for the previous address. Do I need to show these documents for both addresses, for the previous address, I have tenancy agreement on both (myself and my wife's name), but her name does not appear on any other document, not even on council bill or any other utility bill.

Please advise.

Regards,

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:37 am

adil2009 wrote:dear all,

what about WP holder and WP dependent also need to submit proof of cohabitation when going to apply ILR?
I suppose YES. You need to show cohabitation proof if you applying for your spouse ILR

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: Cohabitation Proof documents

Post by khalidmirza » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 am

itsravi wrote:Hi All,

I am currently on Tier1 visa, completing 5 years in March, planning to apply in March with my wife and son as dependant, but I don't have proof for cohabitant for whole 2 years. I changed address 8 months back, for this 8 months period, I have some proof which I can show, but don't have much for the previous address. Do I need to show these documents for both addresses, for the previous address, I have tenancy agreement on both (myself and my wife's name), but her name does not appear on any other document, not even on council bill or any other utility bill.

Please advise.

Regards,
I understand your difficulty. My suggestion is try these documents
1 Credit card bill or debit card bill 2) Medical card should have same address 3) Any letters from hospital or surgery 4) Driving lic if she has one 5) Letters from neighbour/previous landlord confirming her stay with you. It is not mandatory you should joint accounts/council bills etc. Any paper showing her address as yours will suffice in case of difficulties. Best of luck

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:36 pm

khalidmirza wrote:

I suppose YES. You need to show cohabitation proof if you applying for your spouse ILR
But i heard this is only for tier 1 and tier 2 dependant . i am on WP holder and my wife has WP Dependant visa ?

please help me in this regard.

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 pm

khalidmirza wrote: I 100 percent agree with you that it is requirement for Set(M) application form. Since Set(O) form does not explicitly define the type of documents, submitting these documents from one source is your personal interpretation and liable to be rejected. Therefore it is suggested to be on safe side instead of being sorry later. At least you can argue on the basis of Set(M) form requirements in case of objection.
The ground for rejection has to be doubly stronger than the criteria on which the visa is approved. Rejection cannot happen on the basis of an ambiguous requirement. If the dependant application is made at the same time as the main applicant, the case worker has the opportunity to verify several documents pertaining to the main applicant and he looks for at least one set of cohabitation document where it can be established that both applicants lived together.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:07 am

adil2009 wrote:
khalidmirza wrote:

But i heard this is only for tier 1 and tier 2 dependant . i am on WP holder and my wife has WP Dependant visa ?

please help me in this regard.
Any point based visa needs 2 years cohabitation except those who are covered by JR.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 am

tknayak wrote:
khalidmirza wrote: I 100 percent agree with you that it is requirement for Set(M) application form. Since Set(O) form does not explicitly define the type of documents, submitting these documents from one source is your personal interpretation and liable to be rejected. Therefore it is suggested to be on safe side instead of being sorry later. At least you can argue on the basis of Set(M) form requirements in case of objection.
The ground for rejection has to be doubly stronger than the criteria on which the visa is approved. Rejection cannot happen on the basis of an ambiguous requirement. If the dependant application is made at the same time as the main applicant, the case worker has the opportunity to verify several documents pertaining to the main applicant and he looks for at least one set of cohabitation document where it can be established that both applicants lived together.[/quote

Dear Friend
May I have permission to differ with your logic. It is definitely not to be doubly stronger for rejection. It is other way round. General policy is to discourage immigration there it has to be doubly sure that you have sufficient proof to convince case worker to approve your case.
Any way I do not wish to have controversy on one small point. Forum members are best judge what to submit