ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible for ILR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mackdd
Newly Registered

Am I eligible for ILR

Post by mackdd » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:20 am

Hello,

I want to know whether i am eligible for ILR or not. I came in UK 2002 september on student visa , it was valid till 2008 , and then i applied for extension, which was refused by the end of 2008 DEC,

After that i applied for COA, to get married with present wife, which i have given and i got married 2009 march and then i applied for resident card which was issued by 2009 november.( as my wife is anEEA national)

so my question is can i apply for ILR or not? please help me....

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 am

No. Your 5-year period for PR started when you got married to the (non-British) qualified EEA national.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mubasher

Post by mubasher » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:14 pm

no you have to spend 5 years with your wife after getting visa. but if you do not have any break in your visa than you can apply on 10 years long residency basis. if that applies before your 5 years spouse visa expiry.