ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed on ILR - Passport not stamped by IO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alok_singh

help needed on ILR - Passport not stamped by IO

Post by alok_singh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:59 am

Hi,

I am due to apply ILR in this Nov, Though , I have issue where in when I came to UK my passport was not stamped by Immigration Officer.

Things went something like this.

I came along with my wife and since she was entering UK for the first time and we both have to wait for X-Ray report to verified . While waiting for X-ray I realized that my passport was left at IO desk , After completing the X-ray formality I returned to the IO and he handed me the passport,

When I came out the Airport ans looked a passport , it was not stamped with the entry date although my wife passport was stamped.

What can be dome to prove that entry in UK ?

Plezse help ?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:56 am

Was this when you came to UK for the first time. They normally put a stamp on the entry clearance visa on the first arrival.

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:13 pm

linkers wrote:Was this when you came to UK for the first time. They normally put a stamp on the entry clearance visa on the first arrival.
This was after in 1 July 2009 , My first entry was on 31st Oct 2007 which are stamped by IO

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Do you still have the boarding pass / tickets for your travel in 2009?
If so you will be able to prove your UK entry with that.
It could be that IO at airport might have entered your details in his/her system; just forgot to stamp your passport.

I am not sure whether ILR case worker is looking at each entry stamp to calculate the absences.
To be on safe side though, you can call up UKBA at their airport office and see what they can do in such case.

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:48 pm

nnj10 wrote:Do you still have the boarding pass / tickets for your travel in 2009?
It could be that IO at airport might have entered your details in his/her system; just forgot to stamp your passport.

I am not sure whether ILR case worker is looking at each entry stamp to calculate the absences.
To be on safe side though, you can call up UKBA at their airport office and see what they can do in such case.
Thanks nnj10,

I dont have the boarding pass from 2009
but I have travelled next month outside UK when leaving UK what happened is my flight was cancelled in last minute and had to go through the immigration and stayed in hotel near heathrow and flew next day.

Will in this case UKBA will accept my date of arrival, do the have phone number of UKBA at airport.

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:00 pm

alok_singh wrote:
nnj10 wrote:Do you still have the boarding pass / tickets for your travel in 2009?

Thanks nnj10,

but I have travelled next month outside UK when leaving UK what happened is my flight was cancelled in last minute and had to go through the immigration and stayed in hotel near heathrow and flew next day.

Will in this case UKBA will accept my date of arrival, do the have phone number of UKBA at airport.
It is possible to get this information from UKBA home office in form of SAR . Can anybody help me with the procedure and other details

Post by 2012 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 pm

alok_singh wrote:
alok_singh wrote:

Thanks nnj10,

It is possible to get this information from UKBA home office in form of SAR . Can anybody help me with the procedure and other details
1. SAR does not contain any entry and exit details apart from the first landing card details.
2. After this wen u leave and enter the UK, u passport does not get stamped by immigration.
3. For ILR, the caseworker looks at the date of entry and exit stamps by your home country immigration.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:11 pm

2012 wrote:
alok_singh wrote:
alok_singh wrote:

Thanks nnj10,

1. SAR does not contain any entry and exit details apart from the first landing card details.
2. After this wen u leave and enter the UK, u passport does not get stamped by immigration.
3. For ILR, the caseworker looks at the date of entry and exit stamps by your home country immigration.
What happens if there are no exit stamps in destination country. Some countries dont stamp passports of returning citizens. They just log them electronically. And in some countries you can pay immigration official not to stamp your passport. How do they prevent this type of abuse?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:18 pm

my passport that had the initial entry clearance visa was stolen shortly after arrival - during my ILR the caseworker just checked her computer and verified my entry date.
So entry date records are available. Also as per law all airlines except domestic ones need to submit API data to HO. I am not sure the retention and usage of that data.

sayam04

Post by sayam04 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:44 am

Hi alok_singh,

I had exactly the same situation in 2008 at Heathrow arrival, i was very alert at the immigration counter ready to provide any awnser from the immigration officer. And i noticed that the officer returned my passport after scanning it through their system under the desk but i did not hear any stamping on the passport. When i crossed over the counter i checked my passport and my suspicioin was right passport wasn't stamped as arrival to uk. I was then puzzled because the immigration who served me already taken another passenger, i looked around and found a man in suite standing just behind the counters and overlooking all the counters. I approached to him as he was found to be the incharge of the immigration officers. I informed him that the immigration may have forgotten to stamp my passport. He checked my passport and then returned to me that we only stamped once when you arrive first time in uk so don't need to worry. I then calmed down, so in my experience i then applied for the extentions had no issues getting FLR.

Just don't worry you will be alright but if still puzzle then give a ring to UKBA and get the confirmation from them generally they are very helpful.

Regards