ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spous visa Information required!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manchi_boi
BANNED

spous visa Information required!!!

Post by manchi_boi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 am

hi all;

currently i am on psw ( expiry date: may 2013). i am doing full time job and living within uk for last 6 years. now i am applying for my wife as a dependent ( spous visa). i am living here and she will apply from home country ...i need few information.

1) how much funds i need to show? and for how long with in Uk? ... if she got assests or money in her own account back home ...will tht count too?

2) what are the living requirements ?what papers do i have to show?

3) what are the language requirements for her? ( she has done A,O-level)

4) anything else except marriage certificates? photos etc??

5) is there any thing else i am missing.. please let me know!!

Many Thanks

ashaikh
Newly Registered

Post by ashaikh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi manchi_Boi,
1) £800 (Main applicant) + £533 (Dependent) for 3 months continously w/o any fall in the amount. Its better to show only assets from your end.

2) Passport, Marriage certificate, Bank account statements

3) I dont think so you have to show Language requirements for dependents of Migrant workers(PSW). Its required only for settlement.

4) Bank statements

5) Any sort of evidence to show that u r in contact with your wife. Since you are here and your wife is applying from your home country and if there has been a significant time lapse b/w your marriage period then you need to show some sort of evidence tha your marriage is still ongoing.

Hope so that helps......

Regards
Aasif

FKHAN
Newly Registered

Post by FKHAN » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:02 am

Hi manchi_Boi,

I recently went through this procedure and it was quite easily done. I was worried way too much but it is a simple case.

Other than what Asif has said above;

- You need a rented one bed / studio flat. original tenant agreement must be sent,
- with marriage pictures, try and take ones with full family as well,
- a letter of sponsorship by you, and a letter of declaration by her stating that the info she is providing in the application is all true.
- your passport photocopies stamped by a solicitor from here ( I think you will only need front 2 pages, last page and the visa page and its 5 pounds per page I think, however I got the whole passport photocopied.
- Skype or phone bills or calling card bills if any.
- IELTS is not a must at all but its good to have it if she has done it and if it is with a good score.
- I asked my wife to do a TB test which is usually done in a centre set-up for UK immigration in Pakistan, I am sure you will have the same in India.

To give you two best advises.

1. keep it simple. not too many things and not too less. just exact stuff ( most of it is mentioned in the application form)

2. I would really suggest going to a lawyer and pay around 100 pounds fee and get it all done by them, this is what they do for living and you will be stress free for a 100 - 200 pounds. ( you have to pay them for the passport copies to be stamped anyway!)

Hope this helps

Good luck and many congrats for the wedding!!

FK.