ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 reapplying

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emmyfem20
Newly Registered

eea2 reapplying

Post by emmyfem20 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 pm

hello people please i need your urgent advice... my eea2 application was refused in September 2011 on the basis that my marriage certificate was not acceptable and also that my wife's work places account has been dormant.. i want to reapply now.. i have got the correct marriage certificate and my wife is in a new employment.. i just need advice on how to go about my application.. plus home office didn't return my passport when my application was refused.. what do i say about my passport in my new application ... thanks

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 pm

first thing you need to be in contact with your embassy or your wife's embassy to register your marriage there. they should be providing you list and price of translators.

now i dont knwo much about job etc but if you will write a cover letter explaing your wife's old jobs and then have a new letter from current employe with all NI/TAX P45 60 papers etc hopefully you will be fine

you can send them a new application and you can mention that you never receive your passport back

best of luck

DestinyChild

Post by DestinyChild » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi emmyfem20, your Passport could have been held back by the Home Office for 3 main reasons. 1. Your Passport might have expired after you sent your EEA2 Application to the UKBA. 2. Your Passport might not be valid. 3. You might be an Overstayer. The Home Office always retain the Passports of Overstayers who apply under EEA Rules. You have nothing to worry about though. You are the Family Member of an EEA National who is exercising Treaty Rights, so you won't be picked up the UKBA. When you application comes out successfully, your Passport will be returned to you if it has not expired. You Residence could also be issued on a A4 Paper if your Passport has expired. I wish you all the Best.