ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP visa - ILR & Child dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadullah317
Newly Registered

WP visa - ILR & Child dependant

Post by saadullah317 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Dear Members,

I'm currently planning to apply for my ILR along with my wife in March 2012. For information, I'm on a closed category work permit valid till march 2012.

We are blessed with a baby girl. She is just 3 months old and I have now in receipt of her Indian passport.

I know that once we get ILR, your children will be automatically eligible to apply for citizenship. My question is Can I include her in my ILR application as a dependant? or will she be eligible to get citizenship without applying for ILR first?

Please advise and guide on the above query.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
SH

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 pm

Your daughter will be eligible to get citizenship without applying for ILR first. You can save money and can register your daughter as a British Citizen once you get your ILR. However you need to add your wife in your application.

ILR for your daughter is optional and you if you have no plan to travel after getting your ILR, then you can avoid it.