ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-issue of new passport query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikky2012
Newly Registered

re-issue of new passport query

Post by vikky2012 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Hello members

My passport is expiring in Feb 2012 and I have ILR. I have been on ILR for 14 months now. Though I should be applying for citizenship, as I had to travel to India a few times due to unavoidable family reasons, I have not applied, but realised my Indian passport is getting expired.
So I wanted to renew my inidan passport for now.

there are 2 clarifications which I would like to know.
1. Do I need to get a letter from the Home Office that I have not obtained citizenship in UK?
2. The permanent address in India on my passport is an old address and my parents have moved from that address. As I have not lived with them for a while, I don't have any documentary proof on my name in my parent's new address.
Can I give the UK address? Or can I leave the old Indian address (for Permanent address in India column) in my new application.
I am planning to apply for citizenship after I renew my Indian passport.

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:03 am

See also Passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:37 am

1. I think this is only applicable to cases where the passport has already expired.
2. Since you have an ILR, you may be able to just give your UK address. When I went for my passport extension, I heard some applicants being asked if they wanted their UK or India address in their passport.

The CGI Birmingham had a pretty good FAQ page. Unfortunately, the site seems to be down now.

For India address proof, you can give your NRI account or a home loan account statement.

vikky2012
Newly Registered

Post by vikky2012 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I am planning to apply for the same day service at Birmingham and their applicaton form is a little different to the London form.
As I said I do not have any proof for my parent's address in my name, but the form asks for a permanent address in India as well, other than the UK address. My NRI account still has my old address and I have'nt changed it yet and it might take a few weeks for them to change the address.
The permanent address in India column also asks for a phone number. Does it have to be a landline or is it ok to give a mobile number?
Is there any way around permanent address in India confusion?

many thanks

srinuuuuu
Newly Registered

Post by srinuuuuu » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi vikky2012
Did you receive your passport yet? If not long does it take to get your passport? Do you have a date yet?

Please answer... just to get an estimation on how long does it take in Birmingham to get your passport re-issued/renewal.

-Srinu

vikky2012
Newly Registered

Post by vikky2012 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:55 pm

srinuuuuu wrote:Hi vikky2012
Did you receive your passport yet? If not long does it take to get your passport? Do you have a date yet?

Please answer... just to get an estimation on how long does it take in Birmingham to get your passport re-issued/renewal.

-Srinu
hi
I decided to apply for naturalisation with my expired passport. so, did not apply for a re-issue of my indian passport. sorry, i am unable to clarify u query.